It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 12:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Another gyro coming to KEWK 

While @ the airport working on OZ'rora today ... got to chat with Ben ( a couple of hangars up) ... & his friend ...who'd just bought this gyro( see below) off Barnstormers!

Both the former owner & the new one are small light guys ... so the 503 ... at least @ THIS time of year has good enough power.

Going to be delivered tomorrow ... I plan to impress the value of getting some dual training ... even if you are already a helo pilot! Sounds like he has been watching the Bensen training videos & planning on lots of rotor management, balance work & low hops ... I just hope he takes it very slowly & is patient! :noidea

CLT AIR COMMAND • $13,000 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE • CLT Air Command with 503 Rotax engine, 60 inch warp drive prop, 23 foot dragon wing rotor, hydraulic brakes, electric trim, airspeed indicator, altimeter, engine tach, rotor tach,10 gallon seat tank, 2 strobe lights. • Contact Gary L. Burton , Owner - located Amazonia , MO USA • Telephone: 8162627910 . • Posted February 15, 2015 •

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:28 am
I hadn't seen this one before and no N numbers so off the grid sort of to speak.

I have a digital library of Air Commands I like to study. Nice example of an open framer.

Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:36 am

Well Chris close your eyes when you see him try to figure it out. Maybe when your new one comes in we can show him some basics that might save his life.

Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:26 pm
Site Admin

Send him to Vance so he can do 400 hours of training, have 34 checklists etc.... or better still, send him to Cammie and he wont even need to start the motor :noidea it will be able to climb to 300' without the motor.... evidently :noidea :laughing :laughing :wol2 :Wolvie

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:38 pm

Good one. Well eather way Vance or Cammie at least he would not get off the ground for a while.

Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:51 pm
Site Admin

And when he finally did get off the ground, I feel it would not be up to standard :badluck :laughing :laughing :Wolvie

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:11 pm
Site Admin

You guys are just jealous.

Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:39 pm

I had a good talk & visit with Jeff ... proud new owner of the CLT "fat ultralite" air-command in the hangar row behind us - this afternoon!

It IS a very nice machine ... well built & kept up !
He's a very LOW hr helo pilot & high performance FW guy ... so was VERY open to my cautions about getting dual time & having transition work... & asked about instructors !
I mentioned we'd have a machine & instructor around later in the year ... couple of months ... but if he was in a hurry to go over see Ron Menzie!

I gave him Gabor's & Kent's phone #s ... for him to talk to former helo pilots about transition to gyro .. ( I'm SURE they'll both plug the need for proper instruction). also told him to look through a couple of years worth of accident & pilot technique discussion on RWF ... see what happens to "self-trainers' who rush it ... he seems risk-averse enough to take heed & do it right!

Firstly he's needing to set up a radio to communicate with our local traffic. & going to go through it thoroughly ..."Do an annual!... detail deep inspection & make sure everything is A-one!

Very positive for a good outcome here after today's talk! :gyro2 :whoop

Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:57 pm
Site Admin

Good job. Let's avoid another crash if we can :first :first :first :half :half :half

Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]