It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 10:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 My flying video thread! 

After 10 attempt to upload ….. it finally beat it's way through to Utube!!! :realcrazy

This video is a composite of clips over a couple of days …as I never seem to remember to catch ALL the stages of any one flight!!! :killme

The TO from Newton shows the little front wheel wig-wag … that I bet was a characteristic that started the shimmies … & compounded by the sloppy worn socket on rough runways! …… after seeing that on video … before the next day when we went to the grass strip & the Beaumont brunch flight I cranked up the tension on the shimmy friction collar … per Jakes instructions!! :half …. seems to have stabilized that front wheel … wonderfully! :like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sbqxUw_X1s

Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:29 am
Nice! Boy, so many places to land. You need a place on the gyro for a picnic basket!

Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:24 am

loftus wrote:
Nice! Boy, so many places to land. You need a place on the gyro for a picnic basket!

HEH HEH .... here's our next gyro ... the fast XC cruiser & roomy for Jim! ... side pods for all sorts of picnics & gear!!!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:15 pm
Site Admin

I like the way you and Sambo's clothes match the gyro :yoda2 :wol2 :laughing :laughing

When was that? He still has his leg in the splint? Cant have been long ago? :noidea

When you getting one? :2weeks :pop

:wol

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:34 am

Hi Chris
Thanks for sharing the adventure!

PRA- Board of Director - Secretary
PRA- Volunteer Coordinator

PRA31 - V.P. of S.D. Rotorcraft Club
http://www.Pra31.org

U.S. Agent for Aviomania Aircraft
http://www.AviomaniaUSA.com

Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:52 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Are you going to make FJ sit in the back? Hopefully he wont be one of those back seat drivers :calmdown :laughing :laughing

When you coming to :OZ again? :noidea Should bring some of the others as well? Or are they too :Cheapass

Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:14 am

MadMuz wrote:
I like the way you and Sambo's clothes match the gyro :yoda2 :wol2 :laughing :laughing

When was that? He still has his leg in the splint? Cant have been long ago? :noidea

When you getting one? :2weeks :pop

Amazing ... random chance color co-ordination! :OZ

Taken first Sunday in Feb this year ... just before I flew home on the Tuesday!

I was wearing my Mentone 2013 shirt - for the occassion!

Yeah Sam had just started flying again the week before ... he was along time laid up ... Dec/Jan .... bloody dangerous things - those bikes!! LOL :boink ... sounds like a complicated break - lots of pins / plates ... infection slowed things up in healing!
He still had Max ... roll it around & warm it up ... before he jumped in & flew with me!

Neil has the first 14 production kits ready to assemble ... gotta train Andrew to put them together .... Jim & I wan't to help & work on building ours ... but may be a bit of a distraction ... in Andrews training process!

Jim hopes to get down there in Nov/Dec sometime ... mostly with his mates in SA ( Jamestown) ... I don't know when my visit will happen this winter ... usually in January ... miss the nastiest winter weather here!!!

Hoping to build & ship one over here ..... in the next 5 months!..... :2weeks :rofl

Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:02 pm
Site Admin

Just to make some of the guys squirm and squint.... Sam jumped his dirt bike on his motocross track on his farm and as he landed, his foot came off the peg and onto the ground then the frame crushed his foot and ankle.... :eek :realcrazy

Luckilly he managed to stay on the bike and ride it back to his house with his leg all bent out of shape :puke .... then off to hospital....

Was strange timing, he had his leg trouble at the same time I had my hip replaced... so both out of action at the same time :chainsaw

So Chris, do you know when you are coming to :OZ next?

Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:19 pm

It is so nice to see you finally get some flying enjoyment from that machine.
Thank you for this flying video adventure!

Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]