It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Some gyro flying in beautiful scenery 
Site Admin

By someone who doesn't think a 582 can ever stop :noidea :eek The scenery is great, the flying awesome, a lot of proximity flying.... but man, if the engine so much as hiccups, there is nowhere to go :badluck :eek

Nice machine (for an air killer/command) and great flying tho :like

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:57 am
Site Admin

Great flying. Lotsa balls!!!!
Some of that area was pretty unforgiving.

Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:06 am
Site Admin

I know, the pucker factor for me watching it spoiled it a bit.... I had to watch it a few times to enjoy the scenery :eek :noidea

Yes, great flying, just not my cup of tea to fly in such close proximity with absolutely no where to go if the worst happens.... especially in a kill-command,,,,, at least it had a blue head, that has more of a chance to stay going :dizzy :laughing :laughing :like :pop

Gabs, did you get the sound on the rusky homebuilt helicopter.... eventually? :noidea :Wolvie

Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:51 am

There was some guy in Australia that flew for over 12 hours over water with a 582 in a fixed wing, don't know if that was balsy or just dumb..

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:55 am
Site Admin

If you are set up for it and are prepared to risk the machine..... like, if you are carrying an E perb and advise authorities and know where shipping lanes are and what ships are on them, are wearing a life vest or cold water suit and have done all of the planning, it is ballsy.....

If you just decide to do it, don't prepare for it, don't tell anyone what you are doing and will cry if you dunk your machine (and stay alive) then it is stupid :killme :badluck

On my bucket list is 2 over water flights, one to Tasmania and one to Papua New Guinnea, both return...... but I would only do it at the right time of the year, with the right winds and all boxes ticked.... Tasmania is only 135 miles with Islands no further than 20 miles apart, and PNG is like 90 miles with islands in between also.... wear the right clothes, tell the right people.... beacon, radio.... cross at about 8000' so plenty of time for radio calls if she goes quiet.... what could possibly go wrong :noidea :laughing :laughing :Wolvie

From 8000' you would see both destinations on leaving the mainland,,,, if the winds aren't righ, don't go, if the visability isn't good enough, don't go.... not that day anyway

Who was it that flew over water for 12 hours? Where did he go? :noidea :pop

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by MadMuz on Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:16 am

elwood wrote:
There was some guy in Australia that flew for over 12 hours over water with a 582 in a fixed wing, don't know if that was balsy or just dumb..

I vote for dumb.

Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:17 am
Site Admin

MadMuz wrote:

Gabs, did you get the sound on the rusky homebuilt helicopter.... eventually? :noidea :Wolvie

Yep. You were right it was there I just didn't have mine cranked up to the max

Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:30 am
Site Admin

If you value your ears, you just have to remember to turn it down again before playing the next normal video :eek :badluck :laughing :laughing

Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:50 am

I don't know the details, I read it somewhere in the last couple of years.

Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:25 am

Then there was that french guy that flew a CH-7 helicopter from France to Oshkosh..
http://flypegasuspower.com/wp/
But He was flying a rotax 914

Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:27 am
i think this guy in the rock place, is not a mécano, :laughing many many aircraft mécano here dont fly and dont want to fly the cessna after bolthing the 2small bolt that hold the wings, when all your life you see 2stroke sled engine sudently grip everywhere, i dont think i can enjoy flying a 582 in a box canyon full of granit rock, and think about the piston skirt :laughing lower rod bearing :wol2 , do you think he have the :bigballs to do the same with a mcculloch :dizzy :calmdown :badluck :cry :die

Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:19 pm

That was too cool !

:Wolvie

Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:21 am
That was really cool. I thought really well done from a video editing perspective as well. I thought the under gyro camera placement looking backwards was particularly effective.
Seems like it's a splice of two separate flights at least, probably 3 with the gyro blade elements.
I think just one video cam moved to different places for each flight. I can't see the under gyro camera in the side view shots, can anyone?
Very cool!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:07 am
Site Admin

I enjoyed it the second and third time.... once I knew he wasn't going to have an engine out or something, I could relax.... I am nervous flying in amongst that many hard things, and it makes me nervous to watch others do it too....

Yes, Brilliant production :like :pop

Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]