It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 12:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 RUssian style 
Site Admin

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:23 pm
Site Admin

That was awesome Gabs....they did really well.... I wonder if any of them still fly? See the old spindle head on the first one with the yellow tail and the rotors that go the other way with the advancing blade on the left :laughing :laughing
but it sure goes to show how much fun you can have in a basic machine :like Just fly for the hell of it :laughing :Wolvie

That video is a great teaching aid.... how the guy in the first one was zooming along and horseing it off (trying to) must have been exactly what I was doing when I was trying to learn to fly.... underpowered machine (fat barstarge in the drivers seat).... I would stick it off just like that, leave the stick too far back and lift off, then settle back on..... I was sitting here saying "stick forward, stick forward mate" then I thought, in that machine, maybe you'd better not :eek :laughing :laughing

I would have been terrified to fly that first one, but the guy in the second one with the grey tail was doing great..... see how easily the rotors came up to speed :eek the guy in the second one, putting his helmet on while the blades were spinning themselves up :noidea I was saying "sit in it mate, sit in it now.... quick, it'll blow away shortly" :rofl I actually did sigh with relief when he finally sat in it :laughing :laughing

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:23 am
Site Admin

The real pioneers :wol2 :wol2 :wol2

Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:41 am
Site Admin

another gem

Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:08 am
Site Admin

But all good things have to come to an end eventually......

Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:13 am
Site Admin

Yup, same again.... exactly what I did :laughing :laughing Trying to hold off with the stick..... settles on.....

You must have a Russian keyboard character set Gabs? I cant get Russian stuff like that because I cant type the charactors :killme I can only ever get them if they happen to pop up in a search or I can type 'kyp6a' or 'okhotnik prealfa' whatever that means :noidea :laughing :laughing but usually some rusky stuff comes up :like :pop

Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:22 am
Site Admin

Awwwwwwwww Phuck!

What a shame :badluck :cry :yoda2

Hey Gabs, does your mate with the double tall tail V tail thing still fly? How is he going :noidea :pop :Wolvie

Last edited by MadMuz on Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:26 am
Site Admin

You can set your keyboard to produce the Cyrillic fonts. At the keyboard settings you can choose add a layout and hit Russian.

Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:27 am
Site Admin

I might not risk it, I'll prolly get my keyboard stuck typing Russian or something and wont be able to get back to proper 'str-alien' :eek :laughing :laughing

Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:29 am
Site Admin

How's this for fun?

Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:01 am
Site Admin

One of our crew.... no helmet, flip flops...T shirt :koolaid :laughing :laughing

I have actually done that before with my second machine.... I was just playing with the rotors getting them up to speed, then let them slow down again, then get them going again etc etc.... I had my machine on a 'leash' (ski rope) to the car so it couldn't get away on me.... when it started getting light, I just let it lift off and was kiting like that.... it is fun, as long as you have a strong rope :like :laughing :Wolvie

Edit: He is just too jerky on the stick and overhead stick wouldn't make it any easier... not to mention a spindle head.... with my machine it was easy, just sit off the ground and choose the height.... just don't try going from side to side and pray the rope don't snap :laughing

Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:50 am

Gabor wrote:
You can set your keyboard to produce the Cyrillic fonts. At the keyboard settings you can choose add a layout and hit Russian.

Gabor... Do you speak Russian? Is it similar to Hungarian?

Foreign languages never were my thing...

Member PeachState Rotorcraft club
Member Sunstate Rotor & Wing Club
Owner/builder of
The Subinator: Single place Dominator/Subaru EA-81
(currently in full restoration)
Soon to offer machine shop services

Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:24 pm
Site Admin

I do. We were taught in school from 5th grade on. No it is nothing like Hungarian. There is no other language like. Hungarian. Russian is Slavic based. So Slovakian and polish bulgarian Czech bosnians and such understand each other. I also learned German and some English.

Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:38 pm
Site Admin

I only tork 'str-alien :OZ (and I know most of the swear words in Vietnamese) :eek

I see Gabs, that is why whenever I hear them talking on the rusky video's, it sounds like my 2 polish friends in Canberra..... they all sound very familiar (don't know what they are saying tho) :noidea :laughing :laughing

I only know tak is yes, nie is no, kurwa is fuck and kawa is coffee..... that is my knowledge of polish :laughing :laughing

Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:47 pm
Site Admin

Well kurva actually means whore but you were in the right ballpark!!!!
LOL
:wol2

Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:15 pm

Gabor wrote:
I do. We were taught in school from 5th grade on. No it is nothing like Hungarian. There is no other language like. Hungarian. Russian is Slavic based. So Slovakian and polish bulgarian Czech bosnians and such understand each other. I also learned German and some English.

Dam Gabor... you speak half a dozen languages. That is impressive!

I have a hard time with MexTex with my helpers.

Owner/builder of

Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:17 pm
Site Admin

John it is really no big deal. I think after the second or third they all make sense :)
Sort of..... :rofl

Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:20 pm

Gabor wrote:
John it is really no big deal. I think after the second or third they all make sense :)
Sort of..... :rofl

I wish it were that easy for me... Folks seem to have their strengths and weaknesses... foreign languages and communication are my weak area.
OTOH... I can figure out anything mechanical or electrical.

Owner/builder of

Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:24 pm
Site Admin

I only have one weak area......

Forum posting :dizzy :badluck :laughing :laughing

So what language do you count in, in your head? :noidea :yoda2 :Wolvie

Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:27 pm
Site Admin

I think Hungarian dream Hungarian count Hungarian. It takes a little time for me to translate all those thoughts......so there is a bit of lag while my brain finds the proper words sometimes.
People just think I am slow :laughing

Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next