It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 2:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 heavyweight flying tub 
if the spec are real this gyro can be 1730lb mtow can be 968lb empty weight and some 836lb useful weight in some configuration, its like 120lb less than a r44 uw, they tell 34f and 36f rotor diameter , and in the pdf, 40f alu blade with 10inch corde. https://sites.google.com/site/wagtailav ... rojanvlooi

Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:07 pm

Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:10 pm

Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:11 pm

Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:15 pm
a tractor they build

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:19 pm
Site Admin

Just buy a phucking Cessna and be done with it :eek :laughing :laughing :pop

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:19 pm
they dont seem to have problem pushing big machine with big subaru turbo engine, and have all hydraulique prerotator. i dont like big machine , but they seem to work in the high temperature

Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:23 pm
if this is real they have some experience flying there big boats :wol2 Commercial Operations

With over 8000 accident and injury free Commercial hours on Gyroplanes, Wagtail Aviation is the pioneer and leader in the Commercial use of gyroplanes for the last 10 years. Wagtail started using typical recreational gyro’s in the early days and we experienced firsthand the typical cracks to the frames, pre-rotator failures, wheels exploding from fatigue and engines not getting even close to TBO before major rebuild. Over the years Wagtail was forced to upgrade and re-design the gyroplane platforms to the current Commercial machines known as Kriek, Trojan and Vlooi. These gyroplanes were designed from a clean slate to incorporate all the best features we came across and experimented with over more than 14 years.---------------------------------------- Wagtail Rotor head

Wagtail Aviation’s proven 36’ rotor system is used on a host of autogyros built and modified in-house for heavy lifting and low speed operations. The hydraulic pre-rotation system has seen more than 10 000 operational hours and at least four of the systems have over 2000 hours with only belt replacement at 1000 hours and belt tension adjustment at 300 hour intervals.

Wagtail Subaru Conversions

More power means better high altitude performance and better load bearing capabilities. Subaru's boxer engines combined with custom Forced Induction Systems from Garret and Wagtail's in-house developed Engine Control Unit makes this the ultimate gyro pushing power train.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:28 pm
Site Admin

I wonder why? It has just struck me that they are using tractor designs......
I like that fact. Maybe someone somewhere in the world will resurrect tractors?
I am just thinking out loud. :rofl :half :first

Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:49 am

I see those tractors have tricycle landing gear and substantial rudders ..

That should solve the ground-loop issues of the tail-dragger tractor-gyro's

Sound right ???

Great thread , thanks guys !!!

Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:06 am
http://www.popularmechanics.co.za/tech/ ... geosurvey/

Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]