It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 1:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Another Russian 3 seater 
Site Admin

The pilot is a bit rough with it, the machine needs hanging properly, but it seems to work ok :eek .... Love the V tail :laughing :laughing I think the mast can wind forward and back for balance, haven't had time to look closely yet and have to go out :badluck :laughing :laughing

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:16 am

WHOLEY Crap .... talk about HEAVY Duty :) :)

Anyone else notice how they have the thrust line (prop & engine) tilted down toward the COM for CLT (I presume)

I often wondered why HTL RAF owners (etc) did not do that

Any opinions ?

See next post ....

Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:29 am

Cierva understood CLT and accomplished it by tilting the engine so the thrust line was where he wanted it

I often wondered why pusher gyros did not raise the back of their engines to do the same .... even if it was just an inch or so.

It would allow for more keel-prop clearance for one thing , plus bring the thrust line down by several inches

Or am I missing something ??

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:38 am

Arnie- Bensen actually tilted the Mac engine down at the front a few degrees....dont recall if it was 2 or 3 degrees....to closer align the thrustline with the CG.

We double hung Mike Gaspards Bensen at Bensen Days several years ago...and the thrust line was only 1/2 inch high!

Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:55 am

From the video I captured a couple of stills that show the (extreme) tilt these guys put on their engine (thrust line)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:10 am

Hellified wrote:
Arnie- Bensen actually tilted the Mac engine down at the front a few degrees....dont recall if it was 2 or 3 degrees....to closer align the thrustline with the CG.

We double hung Mike Gaspards Bensen at Bensen Days several years ago...and the thrust line was only 1/2 inch high!

OK .... so how about an RAF with a 12'' factory thrust line .... the guys like to lower the engine ... which requires a bend in the keel for prop clearance ....

My thinking if they also raised the back of the engine an inch or more it would bring the thrust line even closer to center ... plus give more prop-keel clearance

Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:21 am

Thanks for the video MadMuz the AUSTR-ALIEN

I also posted my CLT questions on the other forum .... they need some excitement there .... they have worn out the hovering debate

Actually I am hoping C. Beaty will give an opinion

Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:46 am
Site Admin

I have always tilted mine about 5 degrees or less..... usually over the 8" or so between the bolts mounting the engine, about 1/4" spacer under the rear bolts (one each side) for the little tilt down at the front..... to me, the Ruskies have about 25 degrees :eek and that is how the machine flies, straight and Level.... it looks very uncomfortable (the seating position) :eek I would not like that, I like to sit more upright and feet lower, I am not even so keen on the seating position of the Dominator and all of the feet level with the hips, so to speak.... but each to their own. In the Rusky machine, I would feel like I am sitting in a 'ferris wheel' seat and everyone is leaning back :puke :laughing :laughing

I don't know if you notice, he has very little movement of the joystick to the right, his leg is in the way. Notice the thrustline of the strange engine tilt is level with the horizon.... maybe reducing the tilt of the engine would make it fly more level? :noidea :pop

Thanks Arnie.... I have removed 85 posts from over there so far, I am over it, but I will have to watch your new thread.... I might have to start a flare up and say "see, this one definitely can hover better than any shit helicopter :whip and see how that goes down :noidea :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl (no offense to any heli boys here.... it is a false, sarcastic comment towards them only) :laughing :laughing :chainsaw

Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:51 am
Site Admin

Won McAsshole would like it, the tail wheel is on the ground before the mains, both on takeoff and landing :laughing :laughing

That takeoff when he mashes the throttle, if it didn't have the rear keel extension, it would flip over backwards :eek :laughing he is so violent with the throttle.... BTW, the joystick is between his legs as normal, the big lever in his left hand, is either the throttle or a lever to tilt the mast back in flight, (some sort of trim) I am sure the mast pivots at the join behind his head.... maybe via that lever.... I think it has a twist throttle.... I am trying to work it out.... there is a reason for the 2 piece mast.... it could be for trim when heavily or lightly loaded?

I wonder what it weighs? Even the instruments are liquid filled :noidea

I reckon, lower the engine tilt to about 5 degrees, move the mains back about 4-6" so the nosewheel has a chance of staying down once it starts moving, hang test it so it hangs the usual 10-12" at the keel/thrustline (I think you call it 2" at the mast... same thing) so it flies more level and doesn't drag the tail wheel all the time.... shorten the rear keel, just use one of the tails with a HS..... replace the rotors because travelling on the trailer with them only tied down at the front would kill the hub bar :eek :laughing :laughing and teach the pilot to progress the throttle and shorten the throttle lever so you don't pio on the throttle, not slam it forward.... that machine would be quite good I reckon :like

Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:21 am

I was thinking the same thing ... that gyro is a taildragger.

He needs a Gabor wheel on it ...

In Russian green :)

/

Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:21 am
Site Admin

Here is that Rusky 3 seater with 4 people in it I was looking for and couldn't find..... :Nazi :yoda2 :Wolvie :laughing :laughing

Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:31 pm
Site Admin

Yeah well it's minus 50 degrees. Air is thick as hell. Sure even the Annoying orange could carry 2 of me in temps like those.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:48 pm

Madmuz- I am an angle junky.....so I am not picking at you...ok? But you mentioned you like to tilt your engine 5 degrees or less.

A 1/4 inch spacer placed on the rear bolts spaced 8 inches apart will tilt the engine 1.79 degrees. 1/2 inch will tilt it 3.57 degrees.

It takes right at 0.7 inches to tilt it 5 degrees.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:03 pm
:rofl :rofl :rofl Gabor I meant to tell you on Sunday you look very slim, like you lost weight after all the holiday celebrations
:ultragay
Imagine what it's like in that gyro after the Borscht and Cabbage feast - guaranteed no one smiling after that and panicking to get out
:lick
:puke3
:puke3
:puke3 :puke3 :puke3 :puke3

Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:05 pm
Site Admin

You have to admit that all the traditional food I made and we had was freaking tasty!
Yeah I know. I stepped on the scale yesterday..... 264 lbs...... it's time to start back on my exercise regimen.
I just have to kick-start that damn metabolism back to efficient mode again.
I don't diet. I eat what I want and workout rather.......the workout part got neglected during holidays :wol2 :wol2 :wol2 :wol2

Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:20 pm

Gabor wrote:
You have to admit that all the traditional food I made and we had was freaking tasty!
Yeah I know. I stepped on the scale yesterday..... 264 lbs...... it's time to start back on my exercise regimen.
I just have to kick-start that damn metabolism back to efficient mode again.
I don't diet. I eat what I want and workout rather.......the workout part got neglected during holidays :wol2 :wol2 :wol2 :wol2

I wish I could still do that.... does not work anymore after 60...
I have become a salad junky... the more 'fresh and raw' the better I do.

Funny... I enjoy the old foods, about once... then they feel 'heavy'... and back to a big grilled chicken salad, with every veggie one can consume raw.... with home-made Italian dressing (mostly pure olive oil).

Member PeachState Rotorcraft club
Member Sunstate Rotor & Wing Club
Owner/builder of
The Subinator: Single place Dominator/Subaru EA-81
(currently in full restoration)
Soon to offer machine shop services

Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:33 pm
Site Admin

The sandwich shop made this specifically just for me and named it "Da Stack" :Wolvie

Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:43 pm

Ya makin' me hungry Bro... :cry

I had a wrap (flour tortilla, processed turkey, lettuce, tomato, cheese, pickles, and mayo) for lunch.

Holidays are over... time to get the (holiday) #'s OFF... and start on the ones that have been 'hangin around' for years.

Lost 30# last year, hope to do at least 25 more this year.

My brother lost 90# last year... Both of us hope to be under 200 by the end of 2015.
(He needs to loose about 60# to make it).

Here is how my brother and I do it: Limit carbs which come from whole grains (pasta, bread, etc) as much as reasonable... and none of those carbs (whole grains) after lunch if I can avoid it. And the usual stuff: Off soda's, fried foods, desserts, etc.

Member PeachState Rotorcraft club
Member Sunstate Rotor & Wing Club
Owner/builder of
The Subinator: Single place Dominator/Subaru EA-81
(currently in full restoration)
Soon to offer machine shop services

Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:13 pm
Site Admin

Hellified wrote:
Madmuz- I am an angle junky.....so I am not picking at you...ok? But you mentioned you like to tilt your engine 5 degrees or less.

A 1/4 inch spacer placed on the rear bolts spaced 8 inches apart will tilt the engine 1.79 degrees. 1/2 inch will tilt it 3.57 degrees.

It takes right at 0.7 inches to tilt it 5 degrees.

That's ok Stan... I don't measure the exact angles... it just has to look right :like so I said 'less than 5 degrees' which they are so all is Kuuuul :koolaid :lick :pop

What is the angle of the rusky keel and crank line? What did I say, about 20 degrees :noidea how close (or how far wrong) was that? :laughing :laughing

Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:57 pm
Site Admin

loftus wrote:
:
Imagine what it's like in that gyro after the Borscht and Cabbage feast - guaranteed no one smiling after that and panicking to get out

Would look a bit like this I reckon? :eek :laughing :laughing

Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next