It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 10:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Gyro Fly overs today. too cool 
loftus wrote:
So here's the takeoff clip. It's not bad except for the part where I accelerated and Gabor was flat on his arse filming the sky
That Video looked better, who knows he may have got some of our place yet... :) fingers crossed.

Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:17 pm
Now this one is pretty good for the most part - along the beach. Thanks Gabor - always great to have you along my friend.

Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:25 pm
Animal wrote:
loftus wrote:
So here's the takeoff clip. It's not bad except for the part where I accelerated and Gabor was flat on his arse filming the sky
That Video looked better, who knows he may have got some of our place yet... :) fingers crossed.

Unfortunately I think he had a seizure when he saw you, because there's a clip before and after we flew around your place, but nothing between the two. They are uploading to Vimeo now.

Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:31 pm
Site Admin

I did have difficulties seeing the screen in the intense sun. Sometimes I wasn't even recording. :( Live and learn. That huge sun visor is a no no. Makes it very difficult to hold it straight.
I was filming by holding it on top of my head made the best quality. Unfortunately I can sometimes accidentally turn it off as I was grabbing it hard and in different places.
Eventually there will be some useful footage here and there :dizzy

Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:15 pm
Gabor wrote:
I did have difficulties seeing the screen in the intense sun. Sometimes I wasn't even recording. :( Live and learn. That huge sun visor is a no no. Makes it very difficult to hold it straight.
I was filming by holding it on top of my head made the best quality. Unfortunately I can sometimes accidentally turn it off as I was grabbing it hard and in different places.
yeah I have that same issue, the sun glares on my screen and you can't see what you are aiming at, really bad when zoomed in close. it takes practice to get good video sometimes.

I am still working out ways of doing it.

Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:28 pm
Gabor wrote:

No worries - building a camera platform is still my main project
http://shotover.com

Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:12 pm

loftus wrote:
Gabor wrote:

Loftus
I saw that shotover.com you posted, Those multi cameras are setup that way to film 3D. They still work off the same gimbal setups we are trying to use. I need a pretty day like you guys are having so I can try this thing out.

Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
ARFLYBOY wrote:
loftus wrote:
Gabor wrote:

Loftus
I saw that shotover.com you posted, Those multi cameras are setup that way to film 3D. They still work off the same gimbal setups we are trying to use. I need a pretty day like you guys are having so I can try this thing out.

Yeah, I know. There's $300,000 worth or more of cameras alone in some of those setups. They also have single cam versions. And there are these guys with their setup for about $80,000. http://www.gyrocopter-cam.com/html/gimbal.html
Can't see why with existing technology one could not make something of the same quality for a tiny fraction of those costs
I want to build something that goes beyond a GoPro, houses a DSLR or my present favorite, a Sony A6000

Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2