It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 8:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Gyro Fly overs today. too cool 
Well this Morning Gabor calls me and said are you going to be home for awhile? we are going to be over your house in about 10 minutes, time goes slow when you waiting for Gyros to arrive, but arrive they did.

I was only expecting to see Jeff and Gabor fly over. To my Surprise they had Larry flying in behind them.

I had my Camera ready and got as good a footage as I could. those are some fast gyros. much more of a challenge to keep in frame.
As you can tell even at 53 I still get excited like a Kid when something cool flys over. Cindi loves it also.

Thanks ya'll for making my day. How did our place look from the Air?

here is the Video.

Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:45 pm

Nice video Tim!! Glad to see there is some good flying weather somewhere, it sure is not here.

Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:29 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Yeah Larry had to go and pee before we took off soooo my 10 minutes prediction became 30 minutes in reality. He needs his prostate checked I think.........
You looked little there Tim but the orange Helipad is visible.
I did try to take some pictures. I am not sure what had turned out as the wind was seemingly shutting the camera down.
So if we do have pics it will be by accident.
I am glad we made your day.
I would not want an engine out over the Horseshoe bend!!!!
You did clean up the place well however! Good job!
Cool video too!
We were in short sleeves. Beautiful weather.
:wol
ps: we were going to "HOVER" over your house just to fuck with the anti hover peeps :rofl

Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:55 pm
Gabor wrote:
Yeah Larry had to go and pee before we took off soooo my 10 minutes prediction became 30 minutes in reality. He needs his prostate checked I think.........
You looked little there Tim but the orange Helipad is visible.
I did try to take some pictures. I am not sure what had turned out as the wind was seemingly shutting the camera down.
So if we do have pics it will be by accident.
I am glad we made your day.
I would not want an engine out over the Horseshoe bend!!!!
You did clean up the place well however! Good job!
Cool video too!
We were in short sleeves. Beautiful weather.
:wol
ps: we were going to "HOVER" over your house just to fuck with the anti hover peeps :rofl
Hover away my Friend, let me know and I will for sure have the camera ready. this time with out the Tripod, there was no way I could track both Gyros with the tripod..lol

I just had to pick the whole thing up.. :)

what do ya think Gabor, does my place look like a hover hole, or do you think it would be a non issue to fly out of?

Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:04 pm
ARFLYBOY wrote:
Nice video Tim!! Glad to see there is some good flying weather somewhere, it sure is not here.
It was 82 here today,I started to get sun burned while waiting for Gabor's 10 minutes... :) at least it was not :2weeks

Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:12 pm
Site Admin

It's doable. Not the most attractive place to land and take off from if the winds are coming out of the wrong direction but it's doable.

Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:16 pm
Gabor wrote:
It's doable. Not the most attractive place to land and take off from if the winds are coming out of the wrong direction but it's doable.
yeah I think I will towing the helicopter to the airport for quit a while before i ever attempt to fly from my place.

Who knows some day my A&P may even get my engine built. I called him the other night. he said he is about caught up on the other stuff and will get back to mine soon. will beleive it when I see it.

Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:37 pm

Good one Tim .... I love those spur of the moment videos ... they can be the best sometimes.

Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:04 pm
Site Admin

What happened Gabs? Did you forget to get eggs on the way to the strip.... you could have got him easy from there :laughing :laughing

I was looking for Gabs to have his arms waving like he was on a ride at Disney or something? :dance :laughing :Wolvie

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:15 am
Yeah it was fun. Beautiful day out there. Gabor I think took more video of his crotch then anything else but I'm working on putting some clips and pics together.

Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:44 am
Site Admin

Well since all the chicks are amazed by my crotch l figured it is a nice gesture to include a significant amount of video of it.....

Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:05 am
Site Admin

loftus wrote:
Yeah it was fun. Beautiful day out there. Gabor I think took more video of his crotch then anything else but I'm working on putting some clips and pics together.

Was the camera switched onto macro? :eek :noidea :laughing :laughing :Nazi

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:09 am

MadMuz wrote:
loftus wrote:

Was the camera switched onto macro?

No MadMuz .... there is a reason why they call him Behemoth

Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:31 am
Take your Dramamine and you may catch a couple of clips of Gabor's crotch. Actually he did get some cool video, I just have to find it, cut out his crotch stuff and then I'll post it.

Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:38 pm
what? theres none of my place... :( I was hoping to see what our place looked liked from the air now that I have it cleared. Gabor was to busy trying to video his other Joy stick...lol

Does that camera have Image stability? my Canon powershot sx160 Is has image stabiity, I would hate to think what my videos would look like with out it..lol

I have learned if videoing just 1 aircraft, my tripod does great. more then one it's like trying to video a swamp of bees.

Cindi just got a 50" flat screen lcd Hd t.v. for Christmas, and we can watch You tube videos from the blue ray player. it is too cool.

The Video of the Bell-47 ride was so clear and life size, it looked like we were really in the helicopter.

maybe some day I will get to see what our place looks like from the air.... or at least sooner or later google will update the maps photos... :)

Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:55 pm
Site Admin

Bitches! :argue
Try to take a video when the sunvisor on the freaking lens is triple the size of your palm and the wind is catching it so badly that it pulls the lens to wide angle by the force of the rushing air and you manually have to push it back. :eek
Plus Larry would never come forward enough so I had my torso twisted 487 degrees at all fucking times! :sf-fight
Finally while taking a video of the member I have found a switch that said "servo" so I set it in that position which had finally put a break on the sliding. Phew. This is while I am trying to disconnect my mic so it wouldn't interfere with the main mic.
I did my best boys. So you'll get a bit seasick by watching it...... :rofl

Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:04 pm
Gabor wrote:
Bitches! :argue
Try to take a video when the sunvisor on the freaking lens is triple the size of your palm and the wind is catching it so badly that it pulls the lens to wide angle by the force of the rushing air and you manually have to push it back. :eek
Plus Larry would never come forward enough so I had my torso twisted 487 degrees at all fucking times! :sf-fight
Finally while taking a video of the member I have found a switch that said "servo" so I set it in that position which had finally put a break on the sliding. Phew. This is while I am trying to disconnect my mic so it wouldn't interfere with the main mic.
I did my best boys. So you'll get a bit seasick by watching it...... :rofl
Thanks for the effort Gabor, sometime if ya'll are going flying again I can let ya take my camera and try it out. I could see that camera was a hand full when ya flew over, I could see it in your hand from the ground...lol

Cindi says, thats one of the few occasions some times Bigger is not better.... :cry

Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:11 pm

Very very cool!!!

That was fun!

I cannot wait... Bruce's Little Wing with a radial motor, my Genesis G1Sa, Dave's Benson and KB2's, the clubs Genesis G2Sa and the clubs KB2 all to be flying like you are NOW!!!

OK going to get off the keyboard and down to the hanger and keep painting. Painting takes so long if you want it perfect!

Thanks for sharing we are all jealous now, way to bum the rest of us out for missing the party! :chainsaw

PRA- Board of Director - Secretary
PRA- Volunteer Coordinator

PRA31 - V.P. of S.D. Rotorcraft Club
http://www.Pra31.org

U.S. Agent for Aviomania Aircraft
http://www.AviomaniaUSA.com

Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:20 pm
Profile WWW
ALL IN wrote:
Very very cool!!!

That was fun!

I cannot wait... Bruce's Little Wing with a radial motor, my Genesis G1Sa, Dave's Benson and KB2's, the clubs Genesis G2Sa and the clubs KB2 all to be flying like you are NOW!!!

OK going to get off the keyboard and down to the hanger and keep painting. Painting takes so long if you want it perfect!

Thanks for sharing we are all jealous now, way to bum the rest of us out for missing the party! :chainsaw
John the deland group is very active, they do a lot of group fly outs together, this was just the first time they flew over my house. they make flights up and down the coast alot.

I am looking forward to the day I get my Hornet flying and can tag along, that is if the hornet can keep up. those Euro gyros move fast. not sure what the cruise is, but if it's over 90 they will walk away from me. that red Gyro was a hand full to try and keep in frame.

Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:26 pm
So here's the takeoff clip. It's not bad except for the part where I accelerated and Gabor was flat on his arse filming the sky

Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next