It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 5:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Question everything 

I'm curious as to how far that camera was from a radar antenna?

I've seen radar cause a similar "noise" on video.
The closer the radar antenna the noiser the image becomes and it does seem to go top to bottom in this video too.

??? Other than that ...I have no clue.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:22 am

Gabor wrote:
Ever since I got so good at manipulating pictures and others manipulating videos I am just simply a non believer. I can't ever decide that what I am seeing has really happened and not being altered. It is sad but that's how we have to approach everything.

Well said Gabor... even my 'very basic' skills at photoshopping a pic... can fool the average sheeple.

Here is a thought: A person gets google-eyed about doing astronomy... gets, lets say, $10K of telescope stuff, including a mount for his DSLR camera (that does HD video).
He is having a 'great' time discovering things that make him (or her) feel good... Lets say him. Then the wifey said 'Im pregnant... we need the $$$ sell the hobby stuff'.
Well... he does not want to... Then one day (night)... while 'gazing at the stars' trying to figure out what to do.. he has a branstorm:
The UFO crowd are a bunch of gullible dunces that 'want to believe' sooooo badly--they are easy to fool; they have $$$ and they will spend it looking for 'their reality'. Why not doctor some images and start a business. After all... it is their $$$, they will spend it somewhere... why not with me? (Sound like corporate America yet???)
The first thing to do is establish a reputation... with free U-tube videos... Then post a link to one's store... where the believers can buy his stuff.
Whallah.... Wifey is happy because she has the $$$ to decorate the nursery, hubby is happy because he can still gaze at the stars... and lots of folks who 'want to believe' have an alternate reality... (and polecats like it because these folks with an alternate reality are easy to herd around)... so everyone is happy because they are getting what they want.
Only problem... there are bold face lies being put out there as potential truth.... OOOps... (Again, sound like Corporate America???)
IMO :twopennies We need to be careful what we believe... if it is too far out there... well maybe it IS too far out there... :)

LOVE capitalism!!! :Flag

Member PeachState Rotorcraft club
Member Sunstate Rotor & Wing Club
Owner/builder of
The Subinator: Single place Dominator/Subaru EA-81
(currently in full restoration)
Soon to offer machine shop services

Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:10 am

I may have to drag out my scope and see what I see.
I have an 8" reflector scope on a Dobsonian mount (no tracking) and a Celestron C-90, with an adapter for my DSLR. The camera records HD video but I mostly use it for stills.
I would have to build a tracking platform or buy a scope with an EQ mount to do long videos, but I don't use it enough to justify the cost.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:11 pm
Site Admin

WOWWWWWWWWWW
That is an awesome shot of my moonie.....
Love it!
:plike :like

Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:19 pm

Can you zoom in on the where the Eagle landed? :bunny

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:05 pm

I love these topics .... I am sure there is "something out there"

I used to have a TV that once in a while would have a lunar wave thing go through the screen (see below)

On clear nights with a full moon I used to watch for what they call "Fast Walkers" ... a Fast walker could be anything from a bug to a bat to a bird to a 747 to a satellite that passes between the moon and earth .... it would look like a black object streaking by for a second or two.

Now from the fun files ..... Gilligan had it all figured out in the 1960's .... a Secret Russian Satellite disintegrated except for a shiny metal disk that landed on his Island

And when he was interviewed on TV there was a definite series of Lunar waves went through the TV picture

Jump ahead in the video to
43:45 to see the Russian Secret agents
44:08 shows the disc hanging on Gilligan's neck
44:17 to 44:30 several Lunar Waves pass thru the TV picture when they film the disc

They show up as black lines moving from top to bottom

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:34 pm

That is brilliant MadMuz !!!!

AUSTR-ALIENS
AUSTR-ALIENS
AUSTR-ALIENS
AUSTR-ALIENS

It explains everything !!!

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:58 pm
Life is a daily struggle to deal with the shit I know, I have no time to worry about the shit I don't know. :noidea

Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:23 pm

loftus wrote:
Life is a daily struggle to deal with the shit I know, I have no time to worry about the shit I don't know. :noidea

I tend to agree with this... while I do not see it as a struggle (hard)... I do see the lives we live here on planet earth to be more than enough to occupy our time.

If we wanted to be space travelers... IMO we were born about a dozen generations too early... :)

Owner/builder of

Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:20 pm
Site Admin

People tend to think space travel must be easy.... however there are bad things in space.... apart from the radiation requiring a space ship to be made with 6'of lead to stop the occupants from frying.... and consider the 'Van Allen Radiation Belt' (and ask again if man ever went to the moon).... but there is rocks and debris from the size of grains of sand, to the size of a pea..... up to the size of mount everest.... all flying around faster than the speed of a speeding bullet..... if a spaceship gets hit by a pea sized rock at thousands of mph, it will puncture the vessel, the occupants, their space suits etc.... for humans to be able to ever venture out from the earths protective atmosphere for the very first time, we will have to be able to create protective shields to stop hull punctures.... and not just from the front/direction of travel.... a man made space ship travelling at 28,000 mph can still get hit from behind by a rock travelling at 128,000 mph with equal devastation. For now, we just have to accept it is impossible for humans to leave the earths atmosphere.... really, we should be more interested in what is closer to home.... as in, the ocean.... before we start trying to play 'star trek' :yoda2 :Wolvie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Allen_radiation_belt

http://www.clavius.org/envrad.html

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:09 pm

They figured all that out on Star-Trek... Get the 'shop manual' for the Enterprise... it explains it all... :gyro2

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Next-Ge ... hop+manual

Owner/builder of

Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:26 pm
Site Admin

Thanks GG, I looked in my thunderbird 2 manual, but they hadn't invented shields yet.... the only thing I could find is a few paragraphs in my 'Klingon- Bird of Prey Mk11' manual :laughing :laughing

Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:50 pm

MadMuz wrote:
People tend to think space travel must be easy.... however there are bad things in space.... apart from the radiation requiring a space ship to be made with 6'of lead to stop the occupants from frying.... and consider the 'Van Allen Radiation Belt' (and ask again if man ever went to the moon).... but there is rocks and debris from the size of grains of sand, to the size of a pea..... up to the size of mount everest.... all flying around faster than the speed of a speeding bullet..... if a spaceship gets hit by a pea sized rock at thousands of mph, it will puncture the vessel, the occupants, their space suits etc.... for humans to be able to ever venture out from the earths protective atmosphere for the very first time, we will have to be able to create protective shields to stop hull punctures.... and not just from the front/direction of travel.... a man made space ship travelling at 28,000 mph can still get hit from behind by a rock travelling at 128,000 mph with equal devastation. For now, we just have to accept it is impossible for humans to leave the earths atmosphere.... really, we should be more interested in what is closer to home.... as in, the ocean.... before we start trying to play 'star trek' :yoda2 :Wolvie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Allen_radiation_belt

http://www.clavius.org/envrad.html

Muz I won't debate the radiation part of your argument. I simply don't know enough about that subject.
I will however give you some redneck reasoning about your views on high speed particles in orbit.
First we beyond any reasonable doubt have satellites in orbit. As evidence of that I give you satellite
TV. If you have ever had to install a satellite dish you know that it has to be pointed up in the air
to work that is a fact. In order to point that dish a a specific satellite from different locations you
need to aim it on different compass headings and as you move closer to the equator the elevation angle has to be increased. Bottom line is just due the geometry and it will prove beyond reasonable doubt that we have satellites in a stationary orbit above the equator. My next point is that these satellite dishes almost never need to be repositioned therefore they must be pointed at the same
satellite for years on end and the TV signal continues to work for years on end.

If these satellites were getting punctured with little chunks of rock or whatever my tv would stop working before the satellite was in service very long. Everyone's TV continues to work regardless
of the fact there is almost nothing worth watching so space although far from a friendly enviroment
cant be all that bad.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:09 am

Of course man has left the atmosphere. They are up there right now in the space station.

There is no atmosphere on the moon......just 1/6 gravity.

But no explaining will change any minds.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:17 am
Site Admin

I DON'T KNOW !! (and that doesn't bother me in the slightest) I tend to find entertainment in the discussions ;-)

It's the same answer I'll give if someone asks me "could GOD make a rock SSOOO HEAVY that HE couldn't lift it ? "

fick me,

fj

:die

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:27 am

This thread is titled question everything.....Even if you are certain of something. Try looking at a different angle.
I dont know what the heck the moon wave thing is, but lets say the guys recording is legit. What could it be? The wave follows the curve of the moon so it has to be localized to the moon specifically. Also, multiple waves occuring within seconds and propagating in different directions. So wierd. One time I can understand your bullshit radar going off, but multiple times and different people from different places recording it raises my brow. Could be a thermal wave of some kind.......

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts guys.

:dance

Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:51 pm
Site Admin

arkeeflyer wrote:

Muz I won't debate the radiation part of your argument. I simply don't know enough about that subject.
I will however give you some redneck reasoning about your views on high speed particles in orbit.
First we beyond any reasonable doubt have satellites in orbit. As evidence of that I give you satellite
TV. If you have ever had to install a satellite dish you know that it has to be pointed up in the air
to work that is a fact. In order to point that dish a a specific satellite from different locations you
need to aim it on different compass headings and as you move closer to the equator the elevation angle has to be increased. Bottom line is just due the geometry and it will prove beyond reasonable doubt that we have satellites in a stationary orbit above the equator. My next point is that these satellite dishes almost never need to be repositioned therefore they must be pointed at the same
satellite for years on end and the TV signal continues to work for years on end.

If these satellites were getting punctured with little chunks of rock or whatever my tv would stop working before the satellite was in service very long. Everyone's TV continues to work regardless
of the fact there is almost nothing worth watching so space although far from a friendly enviroment
cant be all that bad.

Hi Bro.... I see what you are saying, but the communication satellites are in orbit of the earth, but they are also within the protection of the earths outer atmosphere.... they are not in 'true space/deep space) so small particles would vaporise before hitting the satellite (hopefully) and satellites being small targets.... the likelihood of one being struck by something big enough to puncture it, is about the same as if someone threw a bottle in the air and you tried to hit it with a bb gun.... whilst blindfolded :eek :laughing :laughing

Yes, there are many satellites in geostationary orbit.... but there is also much debris from damaged and broken ones, that have been hit by junk or meteorites, or crashed into each other... they also keep launching more as each satellite has a 'use by date' and life expectancy from all forms of damage/distruction....

To tune foxtel, it isn't just a case of pointing the dish into the sky.... the angle of the dish to the satellite to the receiver is critical.... so a few degrees out can upset your reception.... the dish has to be pointing directly at the geostationary satellite... that is why when they instal fox, they use a meter to find the strongest reception then lock the dish where it is best..... you can also tune the dish by someone in the house telling you on the roof if the signal is getting stronger or weaker (in setup). for foxtel, there is multiple satellites in case one gets damaged, there are others to take over... and more launching as they are finished.... If the earth ever got hit by like a shotgun blast of particles big enough to destroy a lot of our satellites in one go... we would be in a bit of poop :eek especially the GPS network :badluck :Wolvie

Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:46 am

Spektre wrote:
This thread is titled question everything.....Even if you are certain of something. Try looking at a different angle.
I dont know what the heck the moon wave thing is, but lets say the guys recording is legit. What could it be? The wave follows the curve of the moon so it has to be localized to the moon specifically. Also, multiple waves occuring within seconds and propagating in different directions. So wierd. One time I can understand your bullshit radar going off, but multiple times and different people from different places recording it raises my brow. Could be a thermal wave of some kind.......

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts guys.

:dance

If it was just a single occurrence (one wave) then I would not guess what it was.
But if it has a specific period of say every 50 seconds or so, the camera was elevated (on a hill) I would still tend to believe it was a radar beam possibly weather radar.
I need to know where ALL these cameras that saw the wave were located when they captured the video.
I live in the cross hairs of Columbia, Sc.; Macon, Georgia;, Savannah, Georgia so theoretically I get swept by all of them if I were elevated enough to receive the beams. And I would see all three in a specific time period.
I'm saying that if it does in fact have a specific period then it is man caused.

Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:01 pm
Site Admin

Well, it is on the interweb, so it has to be real :noidea :laughing :laughing

And I bet it has created lots of hits on the 3 websites..... so if it were to go viral, they would get lotsa $ :yoda2 :wol2 :Wolvie

I would say that is a good motive to create something 'interesting' :dance :Wolvie :pop

Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:25 am

MadMuz wrote:
Well, it is on the interweb, so it has to be real :noidea :laughing :laughing

And I bet it has created lots of hits on the 3 websites..... so if it were to go viral, they would get lotsa $ :yoda2 :wol2 :Wolvie

I would say that is a good motive to create something 'interesting' :dance :Wolvie :pop

My point exactly!!!

I cannot count the number of times I have seen someone that is 'wow-ed' by something... flip to 'I can hustle a $M from this'...

I think a little 'investigation' (as in 'follow the $$$ trail') might lend some answers.

Owner/builder of

Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next