It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2024 7:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Homer Bell is stopping by my shop today! 

The world wide known experimental helicopter expert.....the one...the only one....Homer Bell.....is stopping by my shop today.....just to get my autograph!!!!........NOT!!!!!. ha.

Homer is taking my Helicycle to Kansas. The new owner lives in Denmark and flies out to the north sea oil platforms. What an exciting life he has!..

The chopper will be gone today....and I can honestly say that I have had no regrets building and flying it...as well as no regrets selling it. I am so loving my new direction in life, and find it pleasingly more relaxing for myself and my whole family.

Won't have many comments towards flying from now i
on...but thoroughly enjoy seeing others here have the same fun I was blessed to have flying.

My future posts will not be near as exciting to most here....but I am every bit as excited....if not even more so with all the different shooting experiences I am looking forward to.

I tend to get passionate about whatever I get into.....or I just don't get into it period.

You all continue with what gives you a lot of pleasure....and we will all share our experiences together.

I am more comfortable posting here than on the other forum. Didn't think I would ever say that. But it seems the soul has been killed over there.....just no spark left. Still a great source for rotorcraft information....but the passion has dwindled a lot.

Anyway......this Homer visit will be my last jewel in my small helicopter crown of experiences I have had....as I retire that chapter in my life. What a chapter it was for me personally.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:09 am

Never a dull moment in your life .... Homer is the king of homebuilt helicopters.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:57 am
Site Admin

Pictures! !!!!!

Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:16 am

Gabor- Of course there will be pictures. He is supposed to be here around noon to load. I am going to the shooting range afterwards. I rolled over some of my Helicycle into buying a new Ford truck...it won't be a work truck....but a leisure truck for Barbara and I. Barbara only flew in a gyro once with me.....I mean....can you blame her? Ha. But turning part of my Helicycle into our new truck without payments leaves a lot in the budget for guns, bullets, etc.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:24 am

Well ... That's a farewelll ...IN STYLE to your beloved Turbinator! :first :Flag

We in Kansas may be blessed in getting to hob-nob with the new owner (& keep in touch with your magnificent machine).... if we can get him to join us (&the growing group of gyronuts with MTO's etc) to revive the old KS PRA chapter!

What part of KS ?????

Your flying adventures will be sorely missed ... been SUCH a BIG part of the last 4 years of our rotorwing forum following!

RWF .... great archive material ..... you are SO correct ... the soul is a ghost of its former presence! :cry

SO GLAD - we have this "anything goes / any topic welcomed' site to stay in touch with you in your new life passion! :shoot .... AND that it was forced into re-birth a year ago ... allowing you to remain true to yourself and rejoin us here! :boink :like

Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:41 am
Awesome home for the Turbinator it seems. I can't help but be sad that you are giving up flying, if only in a selfish way, because I hate to think I too will be giving it up one day. I hope I have at least 10 years.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:08 am

Chris- It is going to Galva, Kansas.

Loftus- I loved flying,.but the baggage was getting too heavy to fly. Much lighter now, and each passing day is even more fun.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:11 am

A good pilot knows when to leave the game, When he's on top.

When one door closes another door opens :bunny

Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:36 pm
Stan ask Homer if he knows anything about the Hillman Hornet or if he may have any photos of it. if he does, have him Contact me. Thanks.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:59 pm

Don- I was ready to leave...and can say I was on top.

Tim....Homer just left . I just now read your e-mail. That guy is a walking encyclopedia of helicopters! Amazing person he is.

I have just a couple of pictures of that legend in my shop that I will post later.

Stan

Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:37 pm

I was blessed with another celebrity in my stair shop today.....Homer Bell.

He made quick work of loading the Helicycle and heading to Galva, Kansas with it to its new home.

I can honestly say I had nothing but good feelings seeing this part of my life ending...and starting my next life. I started it with a bang...literally. I took off the rest of the day...went to the gun range and had a good set of squirrel targets....then to top it off....they have our winter leagues figured out and I am going to be the captain of one of the shooting teams.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:11 pm

Hellified wrote:
Chris- It is going to Galva, Kansas.

Loftus- I loved flying,.but the baggage was getting too heavy to fly. Much lighter now, and each passing day is even more fun.

THAT"S WONDERFUL ... Galva ...is a mere 23NM NW of KEWK ... our home-base airport / hangarage ....
Galva is so small ...it's not even named on the sectional .... but I knew it was close ...as our boy's school used to play sports against the Canton-Galva district!

Hopefully he gets some time off from the oil rigs & will be able to join in the summer fly-ins around here next year!

If you are in touch ... PLEASE do give him our contact ph# / email!!!

Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]