It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 2:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 From other site Euro clone playing in the wind 
Site Admin

Yup, I pinched another thread from over yonder, I really enjoyed seeing a euro machine just fooling around in the wind.... I have never actually seen any factory machine just 'go for a blast' for the hell of it... the ones I have always seen have loaded up and gone for a cross country.... usually with spare fuel in the back seat.... to see 2 people in a tub doing vertical landings and takeoffs like I like doing is like a breath of fresh air... because I had never seen one play, I thought the euro tubs were like new cars, nice to drive, but not really fun.... :head but these guys in the vid show they can be fun after all :koolaid :like :yoda2 :wol2 :gyro2

http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showth ... post591389

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:02 am

I liked the vertical gyro takeoff too

I watched a fixed wing land and takeoff vertical in 50 mph winds.

Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:49 am
Site Admin

Yeah Arnie, I have seen some of those :Can stol planes do some of that.... like 10' takeoffs and vertical (or backwards) takeoffs into wind.... it is fascinating to watch and fun to do in a gyro...

Like Birdie said, that is the strip where the euro tub landed in the rock field a few months back :bigballs :Nazi :yoda2

Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:01 am
Glad you've discovered you can do fun shit in pretty much any gyro, including a Eurotub - here's another.

Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:43 am
Site Admin

Yeah Lofty, I just have never seen any euro tubs doing anything 'just for fun' :calmdown I have seen them in purdy lines on the flight line (usually covered) on the first day they seem to arrive, park and get covered.... and then on the last day, they line up and fly home.... and if they do go for a fly during the flyin, they tend to take off... fly away .... and return later (then back under cover) :realcrazy :dizzy

In the old days at flyins, gyros were buzzing around like blowflys around a 3 week old chop.... and very rare to not have a few in the air.... whereas of late (over here) when I have gone to flyins, it is seemingly not uncommon to have no gyros flying at all for hours on end??

Not sure why? Obviously some pilots have flown in from long distances to the flyin so are too tired to just go for a play flight.... and they know they need to rest for the long flight home? I guess some might be worried about hours mounting on the hobbs for no 'apparent' reason? :noidea :realcrazy :yoda2 :wol2

Edit: Thanks Lofty, great video.... the guy in the green one is on the ball :koolaid :lick I do wish that people filming would have the shutter speed on auto, I hate seeing the rotors/prop like they are stopped.... or you show someone the video and try to explain that the gyro has 2 rotor blades and 3 prop blades.... and they say no... look... six rotor blades and 6 prop blades :killme :calmdown :laughing :laughing

Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:32 am
I just told Gabor; my next mod on my MTO is to install a drain and seal everything so I can use it to bath in as well. :wol2

Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:00 pm
Site Admin

I hope you are not the kind that takes a whiz in the tub! :eek

Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:15 pm
No that's in the shower, but I fart a lot

Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:01 pm
yeah I understand the older you get the more you fart...I fart a lot these days...I must be getting old...some butt head young-un was tail gating me today and I brake checked him...then he threatened to kick my ass cuz i was in his way and going to slow (35mph speed limit in a curve) and then called me an OLD MAN...lil shit!!!

I guess it must be true......oh well I guess it had to happen sooner then later......

I am an old fart now!!!! :fart :laughing

Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:36 pm
Site Admin

If you fart in the bath enough, you can pretend it is a Jacuzzi..... just don't have a big fat cigar in your mouth when you do it :eek :laughing :laughing :chainsaw

Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:55 am

MadMuz wrote:
If you fart in the bath enough, you can pretend it is a Jacuzzi..... just don't have a big fat cigar in your mouth when you do it :eek :laughing :laughing :chainsaw

Ya gotta try holding a bic lighter in front of yer ass when you fart .... produces a nice big blue ball of fire when the methane burns .... boy could I tell you stories !!!!!!

Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:02 am
Site Admin

Tell me about it..... :bigballs :Nazi :laughing

Before and after shots below :laughing :laughing

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:19 am

That last pic looks like one of mine complete with a rest ring in it.

Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]