It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 5:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Sport copter SCII loop 

You ARE a good pilot! Now, I gotta go Stan. May the force be with you.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:48 pm

Hellified wrote:
I know a good pilot could loop my Helicyvle or my gyros, but my confidence level trusting my flying skills doing those is so minimal , I would probably fall out of the loop. Never was interested in doing any loops in anything, or even spin an airplane.

During my FW days... I learned and occasionally practiced spin recovery. It is not hard in a Cessna (be SURE the aircraft is rated for it)... It is not so easy in other aircraft... and as I have been told... some aircraft are VERY difficult to get out of a spin... :eek

Member PeachState Rotorcraft club
Member Sunstate Rotor & Wing Club
Owner/builder of
The Subinator: Single place Dominator/Subaru EA-81
(currently in full restoration)
Soon to offer machine shop services

Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:42 pm
Site Admin

GyroGeorgia wrote:
Hellified wrote:
I know a good pilot could loop my Helicyvle or my gyros, but my confidence level trusting my flying skills doing those is so minimal , I would probably fall out of the loop. Never was interested in doing any loops in anything, or even spin an airplane.

During my FW days... I learned and occasionally practiced spin recovery. It is not hard in a Cessna (be SURE the aircraft is rated for it)... It is not so easy in other aircraft... and as I have been told... some aircraft are VERY difficult to get out of a spin... :eek

Are you meaning a spiral dive? Cessnas tails are too big to spin (flat spin) properly.... spiral dives on the other hand.... fun, fun, fun :fuckum :koolaid

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:44 am

MadMuz wrote:
GyroGeorgia wrote:
Hellified wrote:

Are you meaning a spiral dive? Cessnas tails are too big to spin (flat spin) properly.... spiral dives on the other hand.... fun, fun, fun :fuckum :koolaid

MY FW days were the late 1970's/early 1980's... back then where I was, spin meant nose down. And yeah... it is very hard to get a Cessna into a pancake spin (flat).

OTOH: Some aircraft (a Beech Bonanza V tail comes to mind)... If you do manage to get it into a nose down spin... you may not get it out without ripping off the tail... which would probably end with the same results as not recovering from the nose down spin.

Member PeachState Rotorcraft club
Member Sunstate Rotor & Wing Club
Owner/builder of
The Subinator: Single place Dominator/Subaru EA-81
(currently in full restoration)
Soon to offer machine shop services

Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:46 pm

You sure as shit can spin a cessna !
I even had a C-172 in an inverted flat spin .
If you think I'm full of shit ask Tommy Milton .
I have seen Jim loop and role his gyro at airshows many times and it is cool as hell .
I would love to see him do it in the SC-II .
And its all in the positive G .
Jim's silver SC-II is so nice, That thing is beautiful, Sport Copters best work yet .

Jim Vanek has been nothing but nice to me and my Son .
Jim knows that I will never be able to afford one of his machines but he has taken my Son on many flights in the tandem and even in the SC-II.
He takes me flying in the tandem and the SC-II and charges me NOTHING .
He has always been polite, professional and very generous with his time .
He has given me the opportunity to spend priceless, and life long memorable time with my Son that I otherwise would never have had.
And for that I will always be gratefull.
I feel he makes the best gyro's out there .
I would love to have one and I would be proud to have one .

:die

Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2