It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 I finnially did it !!!! 

For 2 years I have been teetering between building from scratch and just buying something new.
The :Cheapass part of me kept going back to the scratch built idea. Plus I wanted to build it my way.
Between work and back pain I seemed to never have the time to get started.

This week I gave up. I ordered the G2sa "Genesis Duo" After researching this purchase to death for
over a year the Genesis looked like the best bird for the money.

I must add that I ordered it through the US agent for Aviomania "John Rountree"

I think a lot of the folks here know John but for those that do not I can say that John
is as helpful as any sales person that I have ever dealt with. Also he is just a lot of fun.
and a super nice person.

With a bit of luck I should be starting a build thread by the first of the year. After that it should be finished and flying in about :2weeks

Marc

Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:35 am

Now I just need a little time to get some training.

Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:39 am
Site Admin

Marc. Congratulations. I am so happy for you. There is going to be some fabrication involved putting it together and I would love to see it coming together. You will love it. Nicholas is an excellent engineer. His design is superb. Congrats again.
:wol

Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:11 am

WHEEEE ... fantastic Marc ... be GREAT to have a new build thread to follow! Guess Ron Menzie is your closest CFI ... I'll be over there SOOON to do my test ... he should be back from vacation any day now ... he has MTO & older types too ... knows transition training stuff too!

Great choice of gyro kit .. John is a hoot !(& serious businessman .. if a little overwhelmed at times with all his irons-in-the-fire!)

:drum :gyro2 :like

Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:22 pm

Gabor wrote:
Marc. Congratulations. I am so happy for you. There is going to be some fabrication involved putting it together and I would love to see it coming together. You will love it. Nicholas is an excellent engineer. His design is superb. Congrats again.
:wol

Thanks Gabor
A bit of fabrication should not be a problem. Fortunately I have a machine shop here although I am badly lacking sheet metal tools.

After getting about $4000 worth of tools stolen on my last trip to Chicago I may have to buy a few new things in order to finish the project. But that is a story for another day.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:17 am

Marc- Excellent gyro choice! Just wait till the ones being built in the states start flying

Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:20 am

Dropbear wrote:
WHEEEE ... fantastic Marc ... be GREAT to have a new build thread to follow! Guess Ron Menzie is your closest CFI ... I'll be over there SOOON to do my test ... he should be back from vacation any day now ... he has MTO & older types too ... knows transition training stuff too!

Great choice of gyro kit .. John is a hoot !(& serious businessman .. if a little overwhelmed at times with all his irons-in-the-fire!)

:drum :gyro2 :like

If you and FJ are in the neighborhood on your trip to or from seeing Ron Menzie stop in for a visit.

I have been to Rons place before and he did seem to be well equipped. I also met Steve McGowin there at the same time. "great folks"

Yep John does seem to be burning the candle at both ends and several points in the middle at the same time but that is part of what makes him fun to be around.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:27 am

Hellified wrote:
Marc- Excellent gyro choice! Just wait till the ones being built in the states start flying

Thanks Stan
Reading your build thread and the tail design were big deciding factors. Part of the reason that it took
me so long to make that decision was that I was waiting for the ones in the US to start flying but after waiting a year and a half I decided to just order one.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]