It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Moving 
Site Admin

I am totally exhausted. Moving sucks. More to go.....
This will not end soon......
I don't wanna......
:badluck :badluck :badluck

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:13 am

Gabor- Is your business out growing its present location? Hope you have new facilities that will let you grow exponentially!

Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:24 am

'

Better landlord ?

I hate moving too Gabor , I feel for you. Good luck !!!

Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:30 am

Yes, moving is a mess.... almost worth it to figure out a way not to... :)

Hope you can buy your building, so you will not have to move again... and maybe be a landlord also... :)

The part of moving a business I do not like... is the $$$ going out, while revenue is not being generated. :cry

OTOH: A new place with lots more room to work... is a motivator for everyone.

Here is hoping you get it done with the least reasonable hassle, then get a BIG job to make up for the lost time!

GA

Member PeachState Rotorcraft club
Member Sunstate Rotor & Wing Club
Owner/builder of
The Subinator: Single place Dominator/Subaru EA-81
(currently in full restoration)
Soon to offer machine shop services

Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:45 am

Gabor- Every decision to build my shop bigger resulted in greater efficiency. Even the 2004 tornado that devastated my shop just made me dig deep and pull through stronger. I decided to add my main set up room during my mess. It worked out better than I could imagine.

You will soon be rebounded .

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:35 pm
Site Admin

Oh guys. This is partially due to the reason why I got the cops called on me.I threw out the landlord/ex owner of the business. Some people just need to be exterminated and he was really close to it. Gordon can attest to the guy's assholeness. If that's a word....
Anyways. We have a much nicer and more exposed location with great aspects.
Will be doing our ribbon cutting on the 22nd.
Newspaper and all. Meanwhile I am hooking up 3 phase converter 2 phase outlets shelves,tables, working areas..... I am pooped............... I hate to be old.
I would love to start production tomorrow so we have income.......
It is very chaotic....will probably work all weekend too.
Oh well. Life is grand. Some people would love to be in my position.
:wol

Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:34 pm

Gabi: "Gordon can attest to the guy's assholeness. If that's a word...."
Well, if it wasn't a word....it is now! I kind of like it....

Now that is some heavy-duty moving! I hate moving too. Next time, build your own building....that's what we did and it was much better....including the machinery layout.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:39 am
Site Admin

It is still chaotic. I am trying to find stuff l have packed away. But at the same time production must start.....

Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:18 am
My sympathies. I am off tomorrow if you want some help. I will be out at KDED finishing off a few things on the gyro.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:33 am

Gabor wrote:
...Gordon can attest to the guy's assholeness. If that's a word....

Yea, I helped Gabor pick up an old workbench from his work was throwing out and that guy was pissed that we put it on a trailer to take to the airport rather than giving it to him. On the way to the airport Gabor told me who he is and then it made sense. Everything Gabor has said about him here fits the attitude and behavior I witnessed.

If it was my business I would endure the cost and temporary downtime and reduced productivity (where is the....) and move also. Sometimes you have to change your environment in order to excel.

Congratulations to Copy Cat Printing Centers Inc. for their vision and foresight!!!

:like :like :like

..... ― Pawan Mishra

Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:49 am

Gabor, assholeness!! I Love it. Why didn't I think of that.. Yes down time and moving sucks, but you will be better off in the long run. Congratulations on loosing the assholeness!! Fuckum!

Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:41 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Thanks guys. Some more progress today and I have actually ran a few jobs too. Damn I am good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:die :die :die :die

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:06 pm

I had no idea the type of printing jobs you have required such big and complex looking machines.....but then, I've never been in a print shop.
You sound like you are at least part owner.....the pride and all.....
Hope this new place fits your needs Gabi.....until growth says you need more space ;).

Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:52 pm

Those are the weirdest wood planers I've ever seen! :lick

Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:47 pm

Its official .... assholeness is a real word

Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:07 am

I recognize some of that old printing equipment , some of that stuff will run forever

I worked at a daily newspaper , the main press was about 50 feet long , 20 feet wide , huge flywheel and connecting rods to the print rollers , everything was lead Linotype , when the press was running the whole building shook , the ground outside shook , the next door businesses shook and they all came over to get the paper "hot off the presses"

It was a rewarding sound , the news business is hectic , stressful , extreme deadlines , and once the press started at 3:30 pm it was like WHEW !!!! ..... until the next day we had to do it all over again !!!...

Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:21 am
Site Admin

It's 6:50 am Saturday morning. Getting ready for work. I have to run a few jobs. We have moved the big cutter into its final position. I have built a bindery work station. Started to fill the shelves with paper. I have now internet connection and networked the business with all the equipments. Filled the machines with chemicals. There is still a lot of work to be done and finalize but I can actually put out some production. Of course the phone is ringing off the hook just because I need a little slow time....but that's life. Ed I don't own the business. I have however built it! For the last 23 years this business went from one little room to a 4000 sqft shop and we are known to be the ones with the highest quality. I was supposed to inherit it but the old owner decided to sell it anyways. Oh well. Life is like that. Either way. That changes nothing. I still run it as if it were mine. After all this is the place I bring my paycheck home from. If this goes down, as all the others in the area............I got no paycheck either! Sooooo might as well do the best I can to keep us in business. I always do that anyways. I have two modes of operation. I either become the best I can or I won't do a damn thing because it doesn't interest me. This job is a challenge every day with its complexity.From mathematics to chemistry, physics, mechanics to computer and modern digital presses it keeps me on my toes. I love to work here :)
:pbunny

Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:57 am

Gabor wrote:
It's 6:50 am Saturday morning. Getting ready for work. I have to run a few jobs. We have moved the big cutter into its final position. I have built a bindery work station. Started to fill the shelves with paper. I have now internet connection and networked the business with all the equipments. Filled the machines with chemicals. There is still a lot of work to be done and finalize but I can actually put out some production. Of course the phone is ringing off the hook just because I need a little slow time....but that's life. Ed I don't own the business. I have however built it! For the last 23 years this business went from one little room to a 4000 sqft shop and we are known to be the ones with the highest quality. I was supposed to inherit it but the old owner decided to sell it anyways. Oh well. Life is like that. Either way. That changes nothing. I still run it as if it were mine. After all this is the place I bring my paycheck home from. If this goes down, as all the others in the area............I got no paycheck either! Sooooo might as well do the best I can to keep us in business. I always do that anyways. I have two modes of operation. I either become the best I can or I won't do a damn thing because it doesn't interest me. This job is a challenge every day with its complexity.From mathematics to chemistry, physics, mechanics to computer and modern digital presses it keeps me on my toes. I love to work here :)
:pbunny

I can definitely relate to that one... either go or not.

Glad to hear you have production running again... albeit abbreviated.
Wish you owned it... would be nice to have that nest egg for when you decide to be a gyro builder... :)

Member PeachState Rotorcraft club
Member Sunstate Rotor & Wing Club
Owner/builder of
The Subinator: Single place Dominator/Subaru EA-81
(currently in full restoration)
Soon to offer machine shop services

Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:31 am

It's not work If it's what you love doing. Pitty those cubical Hamsters that turn that wheel with out any idea other than that nibble of cheese at the end of the week. :bunny

Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:22 am

It's raining off and on here. If I didn't live 360 miles from there I would come help you (or most likely be in your way)

Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next