It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Everything Hornet 

Here is everything collected and originally posted by Flying Wolverine

Videos:
http://s1307.photobucket.com/user/HornetFlyer/media/AutogyroHornetRacerMadeinPcsely1-480x360_zps4b2f5e48.mp4.html

http://s1307.photobucket.com/user/HornetFlyer/media/AutogyroHornetRacerMadeinPcsely2-480x360_zps1ffc2b17.mp4.html

http://s1307.photobucket.com/user/HornetFlyer/media/autogyroHornetRacerMadeinPcsely3-480x360_zpsd1beb9ad.mp4.html

http://s1307.photobucket.com/user/HornetFlyer/media/HornetAutogyroMadeinVenezuela-480x360_zpsc2f7c84d.mp4.html

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

..... ― Pawan Mishra

Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:08 pm
Hornet Plans Complete

Brought to you by a FREE SPEECH FORUM!!!

Spread the word.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Flying Wolverine on Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:28 pm
GyroBee vs Hornet

Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:37 pm
Pictures From the Build Documents

Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:24 pm
Hornet Flight Sim

Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:33 pm

I need to learn how to draw my curved stairways like you did so excellently on your gyro.

Is there a tough learning curve for your program? I have Turbocad that I use to draw my stair layouts in 2d.....but never used its 3d capabilities.

I don't need to produce 3d curved stairway drawings, just the ACTUAL 3d stairway itself!......For that reason, I am reluctant to spend much money on a drawing program.

Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:42 pm

If you learn the 3D side of the program, you can print out your drawings in 2D just as before.....plus print the additional 3D views you want.

Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:59 pm
Site Admin

Yes the 3D portion of it does require a little practice and understanding the 3 plain of view. Once you know your xyz coordinates you'll be fine.

Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:15 pm
More Pics and Docs and Animation

Last edited by Flying Wolverine on Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:13 pm
Site Admin

thanks for posting these

Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:30 am

Thanks! The only problem I have with the hornet is that the designer, while very good at CAD, never built of flew it, it was left to the builders to see if it would work. How many are flying? I know that they had problems with the urethane tube suspension weathering and cracking. Looks like springs would be better, but it may not make ultralight weight. Lieghs wighs more than my dominator!
So builder beware I suppose.

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:58 am
I actually talked to Don Shoebridge and he did build and fly his... he was so pissed at the
gyro community that he sold it to his friend Dan who built 3 more and sold them off as well.

The back story of how the Wauchula morons came to be was directly related to the spat

that was created on the RWF. By the naysayers and detractors and when he called these ppl morons

Greg Spicola and company ran with it.

I feel it was a worth while effort and I'm sure he would have changed things as it evolved any way and most ppl do put suspension on them. I did!! Also made mine more CLT compliant and swept my mast back 9 degrees as well.

Don was a smart and talented guy but the RWF ran him off too ( can u say build thread).

I tried to get him to sell me the rights to his design and help me further develop the Hornet but he

was so disgusted by the treatment he received he declined to do so. Apparently he ended up

getting divorced and partly due to his wife not wanting him to fly a gyro. He is still in aviation just not Gyro's.

I have his old website archives and will post when I have the time to put it here. :first

Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:20 pm

Did you sell your hornet? How did it fly compared to a gyrobee?
I talked to Don years ago at a Rotors over Carolina fly in at Aiken SC.
He was currently still designing at that time and none had flown.
I know about the Morons thing (I have a T shirt) I did not know that was don that had the
hissy fit.
Too bad people on the RWF can't be more civil to each other, it would be much more productive, seems like all the shit stirrers are the ones who don't fly anyhow.

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:40 pm
Hornet Builds From the GDT Website which was the originators Website by Don Shoebridge and also whatever else I could archive from the Web.

Starting with Don's friend Danny McGee.

Last edited by Flying Wolverine on Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:33 pm
Danny McGee build page 1

Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:42 pm
Danny McGee Build page 2

Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:51 pm
Danny McGee build page 3

Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:00 pm
To save server space the Hornet Builds are in zip format.

Unzip,Unrar and enjoy.

Last edited by Flying Wolverine on Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:20 am
Site Admin

Thank you!!!

Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:53 am
Well in that case......here's some more Thank You Build Files!!!

:wol

Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next