It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Helicopter stairway mission 

Yesterday I flew up to an 18,000 square foot home to meet with the contractor and the owner...and to bring my laser and spile to accurately measure for this stairway.

It takes 4.5 hours to drive there and back...and less than an hour via chopper. I had a 15 mph tailwind and only flew 90 mph indicated while my GPS showed 105 mph groundspeed. Coming back I had stronger winds but they weren't quite head on...but it was still a 15 mph head wind resultant. I flew at an indicated 105 mph and maintained my 90 ground speed even going into the wind. That streamlining pays off every flight ...especially these 100 mph cross country flights.

Here is a video I took circumnavigating the home.....turn about a home is what my instructor would have called it!

I will be commuting via chopper later in the summer or early fall when they need the stairway. This will add 2.5 more hours of productivity to each day...and 2 hours of fun flying, There is so much satifsfaction looking out the window at my Helicycle that will wisk me home at the end of the day.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 08, 2014 6:31 am

Looks like they already have a stairway on the front door... :D

Very cool Stan, very cool indeed.

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Thu May 08, 2014 6:44 am
Site Admin

That is just too cool.
:wol

Thu May 08, 2014 7:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]