It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Flying video 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=77 ... =2&theater

Had a whole commentary to go with this but got distracted & lost it! :head

Enjoy ..... I edited the video to be public ... everyone should be able to see it without being FB friend!

My preference is to put these on You-tube ... but need new Ipad first! :badluck FB only option for now!

Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:23 pm

I finally managed to download my videos from Mentone 2013.

Here is a short clip of my flight with Chris Lord in his "Blue Shark" Calidus ... alas no more recorded as the rest of the time I was busy flying from the back seat ... kinda new experience for me ... only once have I flown back seat with Desmon ... so this was different ... full cabin tandem + flying by feel & limited view of instruments!

4 more hours to upload the 2nd 1/2 of my 6 min vid of yesterdays flying over snowy KS ... in OZ'rora!

Stay tuned! :)
:pop

Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:14 pm

here is my video of flying the pattern around KEWK the other day!

I'm recording my flying ... mostly to review later ... how I'm doing!

I welcome comments & observations to improve what I'm doing!

The camera battery died before the landing ... I added on my 300ft runway pass/ warm-up i flew before doing a couple of short close patterns .... I enjoyed having the airport to myself ... NO distractions from other aircraft!

Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:47 am
Site Admin

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice handling. You have good control of the machine.
:first :first :first

Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:08 pm

looks like your lookin at your toes, head up & look out at where the sky meets mother earth, Enjoy the view, have fun, be safe :bunny

Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:50 pm
Site Admin

I was going to say it too....but I didn't! Enjoy the view and build your ability of looking outside more and only cross reference the gauges. You'll miss oncoming traffic if you don't look ahead!!! :) I went through it with all my students no worries :) Good flying Chris. :wol2 :wol2 :wol2 :wol2 :wol2

Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:24 pm

YEAH ... I KNOW ... pretty fixated on the keeping the numbers "RIGHT" & instruments still .... as flying -by-feel develops I'll enjoy the scenery more! I thought i did a fair job of scanning the skies ... just doesn't show very well with the camera angle!

I'm going to try a new camera view soon ... got a body harness! ........just don't want to make it a distraction!

Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:14 pm
Site Admin

You did wonderful Chris. It is very common to have your attention on the gauges since that is the reference point you know for now. I wish I was there myself. Nice landing too. Screw the friggin snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL. Have fun in OZ honey I am very proud of you. :wol :gyro2

Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:56 pm

:first :first :first A BIG THANKS to ALL MY BONZER WOLVERINE MATES :first :first :first

your cheers & encouragement got me through some pretty dark days this last year!!! :first

:wol

Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:22 pm

Here is the video of my flight with Mark Shook @ Mentone 2013 ... in his yellow Xenon ....both machine & pilot full of positive surprises & most worthy recipients of pilot & machine award!

:first :whoop

Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:51 am
Site Admin

all of the sudden I like flying videos

Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:40 am

Gabor wrote:
all of the sudden I like flying videos

:like :like :like

ESPECIALLY .. WHEN ITS YOURMACHINE ... SOON TO BE YOU & YOURS!!! :first :whoop

Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:27 pm

I love videos!! Please keep them coming..

Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:33 pm
Profile WWW

Anyone who is my friend on facebook ... I just posted a "teaser" video on my page!!!! :)

More to come when I get home!

Here is the youtube link .... finally got logged in!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-kFLhi50zi ... =c4-feed-u

Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:22 pm

Wolverines get it first!!!

:wol :first

My last week-end in Australia ....spent in Sydney was simply gyro heaven for me! Fantastic generous hospitality from new friends Rick & Kay Elliot - I met last year on Lord Howe island ..... Rick took me flying on Saturday ... from his home airfield Somersby (Nth Sydney) ..... in his immaculate & ever-so smooth flying MTOsport "Dexterity" .... over past Gosford - Avoca - Terrigal - along superb coastline of beaches & cliffs ..... up to Nora heads where we turned around then across The entrance & return!

Unfortunately we couldn't fly the Cavalon as the wind was from the wrong direction at the short & uphill strip with trees at the ends.... for a full fuel plus2up take-off in his new spotless white Cavalon (73hrs) .... so we just sat in & discussed the instrumentation, differences in flying characteristics to the sport ( pilot viewpoint in sidexside vs tandem) ..... next time !!! Sunday ...Rick ever so generously offerred to drive me out to Yass (4hrs) to look over the new Aussie designed & soon to be manufactured prototype of the Titanium Explorer ... an aircraft grade titanium framed modern tandem "Eurostyle" gyro & I was also able to get a test fly with the testpilot / ASRA gyro instructor Sam Polyak. Sam's wife Marah treated us to a lovely lunch ! The TO was long ( on a short strip) due to high density altidue day ... strip@ 800ft MSL on a 40C midday ... near calm ... no wind to help the rotors get to flying speed! It probably looked worse from the ground observers point ..... we could feel the power of the 914 @ lift-off & stayed low above the pasture until we had good airspeed built up for a good climb rate.
Sam did take-off & landing under the challenging conditions .... I flew it the rest of the way following his directions. Very solid & smooth machine, stable & responsive ... as its kindred MTO's Magnis & ELA's! The special custom suspension for rough fields - both rear & nosewheel gave a super smooth ride on takeoff & landing. The nimble turn radius & rudder authority were also outstanding! Production of the first run of orders is due to start in a couple of months ... no surprise that the first 2 prototypes being tested show how impressed all who see & get to fly this beaut "little ripper" ... just have to have one ... & incredible competitively priced vs the factory "Eurogyros" ... it is challenging in the OZ marketplace.

:dropbear

:gyro2 :D

Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:56 am
Site Admin

YAaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy :) I am glad you got a bit of airtime in a different gyro. Every gyro has its own flying characteristics and the more you are introduced to better off you get handling new machines. That was a pretty cool downhill strip!!! :)
If the wind is right you get a quick lift off and a great break on landing.
Thanks for uploading.
Welcome back!

Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:14 am

Close up of new Aussie gyro.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=paLEO6QQ0y ... =c4-feed-u

Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:06 am
Site Admin

I like that. Looks like they understand the advantage of free casting front wheel!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very smart. Thanks for posting that. :like

Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:22 am

Gabor wrote:
I like that. Looks like they understand the advantage of free casting front wheel!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very smart. Thanks for posting that. :like

ALAS .... free castering ... not YET ... but I think they may well be preparing for a move in that direction!!!

I also thought it looked like a free castering design at first look ... BUT still linked to rudder & gyro has standard "Eurogyro" hand brake system!

The design DOES have a 2 stage rudder pedal travel. #1 - for normal rudder motion #2 ...just for taxiing & zippy turns!

Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:33 am

On Sunday I put together a nice 5:15 min video of part of my "North Sydney coastal flight " with Rick E. have tried to upload it multiple times to Utube ... but our internet has slowed down SOOO much over the years since my first uploads that a vid this length is almost impossible to get up before a hiccup somewhere stops the upload & have to start again! :head :killme .... as you can imagine I'm very annoyed with our server right now!! :kill

However our son found out yesterday that we can get upgraded to a new state-of the-art tower for an additional monthly fee ... with far fewer users than the current old-tech tower ... hoping to have better interrnet ......... :2weeks ..... maybe next week !!! :noidea

hoping to finish up my Aust gyro adventure video posts!

Meanwhile we are off for a few days to the monthly meeting @ Chap. 62 & see what we can do with Tiggy-B!!!

Stay tuned! :)

Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next