It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 startin sum chit!!! 

A guy from Poland posted a video of I think HIMSELF landing a gyro UNDERNEATH a descending parachutist!!!

My response was as usual well reasoned and filled with the glorious ribald humor that has been winning me friends and influencing people my whole life;)

" If I was the skydiver, i would approach the gyro pilot and ask politely if he saw me coming down.
If his answer was yes, I would commence to puttin a whoopin on his ass.
How much fuel would it cost the gyro to do a go around?
Damn sure the jumper didnt have comms.
What possible reason besides hot dogging could that asshat have for flying under a jumper?
Oh yes, he would have to open his mouth to untie my size 11 boot!
If any of you are friends with this moron, saw his gyros tail off, he doesnt need to be in the air.
Kinda reminds me of a MORON who purposely flew against the pattern at a flyin so he could scare pilots as he flew at them head on....thinking it was a hoot! (Guy was so dumb when getting his ass chewed out in the safety brief looks at my buddy and says, "man hes sure pissed at somebody!""

Now I can sit back and wait for the dignified responses from the PC crowd!

Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:31 pm

Can't we see this video?

:Confederate

:Wolvie

Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:44 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAtwoJv ... e=youtu.be

Sorry Scary, forgot some of you can't go there.

Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:59 pm

Here is my "soft response" over at the "soft forum"
Quote:
When I watched that video I did not get a broken fingernail or have to clutch pearls like a frightened woman
I saw a gyro pilot , who saw a parachute above , made a nice landing , plenty of clearance , took a video of it , published it on Youtube , two minutes later I expect the guy in the parachute landed just fine

My next post will be like I hardened the phuck up and say what I really think

Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:55 am

The USA threw a bunch of Marines out of DC3's in WW2 , they called them Paratroopers or ParaMarines

Aircraft above , Aircraft below , Gunfire from below , enemy territory below , and they admit no fear if you ask them , brave son of a bitches

Good phucking thing there was not a Polish Gyrocopter under them or we would have lost the war

HAAAAAAAAAAA

Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:12 am

What I cant figure out is do Polish Parachtists not know they cant fly upwards or hold theyre alltitude?
He says the jumper told ATC "ill wait till the gyro lands"
And even IF the moron from Poland was in such an all fired rush to land why not just divert around the jumper and then make a turn to land on final?
Because he is an idiot, thats why!
Im curious is it common for jumpers now adays to "have comms" with ATC for a "flight that lasts maybe 3-5 minuets?

Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:39 am

If the jumper, the gyro pilot, and ATC all have visuals on each other, AND they all have comms, AND the jumper says it's not problem...why all the fuss?

Don't the parachutists have steering toggles? Couldn't he just land on a grassy area where there are no aircraft?

Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:16 am

I suppose he could, but this is a situation that shouldn't even come up in my opinion.

Jumpers don't always land how they should or where they should.
We had a LT (ugly female type, one each) named Saboe. The rest of the team jumps out and lands in a grass field a 1/4 mile away as planned. She lands on the hard tarmac at NAS Whidbey Island while a P3 is taking off!

After the hub bub died down, she was fired from the Navy.

I'm just saying this is an un needed dumb stunt, probably only done because the gyro "pilot" had a camera running.

One of the best tricks I ever learned from one of my chiefs was "Start with the mornings headlines and work your way back to the incident, See where you could have broken the chain"

Polish morning headlines read 'skydiver lands on Gyroplane and both pilots killed!"

To invite scrutiny by posting this crap on the forum is also just plain dumb.

Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:51 am
This is interesting because I did lose exactly where the skydiver was as he approached the runway. Looks like he was a little left of center line. I am assuming there is a standard grassy landing area to one side of the runway where the skydivers usually land.
Approaching Deland this type of site picture with maybe half a dozen or more skydivers would not be that uncommon. We do 'rely' on them to land in the landing areas either side of the runway. One or two have landed on the runway though. On approach, we do make an 'assumption' that these guys are planning and able to avoid the runway. Can get hairy at times particularly when the winds are up. Sometimes it's confounded by 3 or more aircraft in the pattern and the closest we have to a control tower is the jump plane.

Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:41 am
Site Admin

Gyros are one of the most capable aircraft out there.
Gyro pilots are one of the most arrogant and least trained hands down.
(Not talking about you.....the ones present are always the exceptions so shut your pi hole! :) )
Bad combo!
Youtube only exposes the truth.
End of story.

Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:52 am

Another point, if you have used a go pro, you know that view is distorted. that jumper was WAY closer than it appears...

Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:08 am
Just saying that this type of sight picture is not far off what we see every day at Deland. I guess this begs the question about ADM when we have jumpers to the left, jumpers to the right and 3-4 aircraft in the pattern - when is it smarter to keep ones approach simply keeping jumpers in sight, vs doing a 360.

Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:05 am

I didn't see a problem with it .
Bowman is right about the GoPro .
As a pilot I would have probably tried to avoid it .
As a skydiver I would not have thought much about it .
But they don't call me SCARY GARY for nothing .

:Confederate :Wolvie

Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]