It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Rotors Over the Rockies SOLOSHOT video of Titanium Explorer 

This is a video I put together using the SOLOSHOT2 and some hand held footage of mountain flying at over 10000 feet. It was shot in Brigham City Utah at ROTR. We set focus as directed but I think some other setting might work better. However its a good demo at how well The SOLOSHOT tracks. I hope you like it.

http://youtu.be/AR1gk1Fmu0E

Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:35 pm

Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:17 am

how well will it track if mounted on a helicopter? :bunny

Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:58 am
Desmon,

Does it have a higher resolution...it seemed out of focus or something while on the ground tracking you?

Or was the lens fogged up?

Thankx, Darren

Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:23 am

We have been told very little about soloshot , I think it is a fantastic idea to have a transmitter make the camera follow you ... great , but that picture quality is worse than the first cell phones were.

Is soloshot just the platform ? , can you mount your own (high or low quality) camera on it , or does it come with its own camera ?

Thanks , inquiring minds want to know , I want(ed) one .

Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:52 am

In this case we did exactly what the directions said. However we were not happy with focus either. That being said they wanted autofocus off and set to infinity. We did this and double checked it. But in the bright sun it's hard to see. When we got back inside we noticed it seemed out of focus. We double checked and the setting were as required. Next time we are just going to leave auto focus on.
It's a great unit at tracking but the base must be on the ground. It cannot track air to air. It will cover about 1/3 of a mile away. I hope this explains things. I did leave a focus note that shows in the video at the top about one min in.

Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:45 am
OK thanks for the explanation...get back to us with another demo, with auto focus on and post that video as a follow up.

I like the platform but not the resolution..focus issue. I would pass on the purchase based on that alone.

Other wise I'd want one and would get one. :)

Can it track in continuous 360? Or only 90 from left to right and back?

Thankx again.

Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:44 am

It does track 360 and has many settings. It even has a night sky track mode. Because it uses GPS if you have dense sky cover it is not quite as smooth. However you can hook it to lights or directional mic as well as cameras. The battery lasts a very long time. Close to three hours.

Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]