It is currently Fri Oct 11, 2024 6:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Anyone got a digital parts list or manual for RAF belt R/D 
Site Admin

I picked up a second hand belt reduction today from an RAF. It has been in the hangar for a couple of years and someone has ripped off the belt and drive pulley to crank bolts and the drive pulley outer bearing, but both pulleys, backing plate and bearing brace, flywheel and starter are all there... so pretty happy :koolaid bloody heavy tho :eek :noidea :Nazi

So, what is the best brand of belt for them and where do you guys get them? Another machine with the same drive has a belt on it, it is an 880 8M, I have heard thet Gates is the best belt to get? What are your opinions? Has anyone got any links to belt suppliers? I want to change the bearings on the driven and as I said, the outer drive pulley bearing has been removed....

Also, what sort of prop do they need? They have to have a special prop blades don't they? what are the best props for them with an EJ22? :noidea

The pic is another machine, not my drive.... but it is the same.... I will get some pics of mine tomorrow. :like :Wolvie

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Sat May 02, 2015 6:02 am
Site Admin

Here is my actual drive, I am not sure the drive pulley is useable? On one half of it, there is some strange wear? :killme Only on one side, there is a bit of a notch happening , I would say the belt has not been adjusted properly and run maladjusted for a long, long time, it has pulled over the teeth on one side of the pulley? :realcrazy The gap in the driven pulley seems to have worn a dent in the belt and that has transferred to the drive pulley? Is there anywhere I can get another drive pulley? Do the guys in South Africa still make these things as a spare part? :noidea :pop Unfortunately the belt has gone missing, so I cant see the state the belt was in.... I think if I tried to use this pulley, it will just wreck any new belt I put on it. Does anyone have one of these for sale? (or know where I can get one? :realcrazy :dizzy

What is the actual width of the belt? It looks to be about 80mm? but is it actually 76mm or something? :noidea :pop :Wolvie

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat May 02, 2015 7:36 am
Site Admin

What? :what Not a single comment? :cry :laughing :wol2 :Wolvie

Sun May 03, 2015 10:29 pm

MadMuz wrote:
What? :what Not a single comment? :cry :laughing :wol2 :Wolvie

I had lots of thoughts but no comments when I saw that

When I see a belt wear or fray or disintegrate on one side it is misalignment ... shafts are not parallel

But when I see sprocket wear like that I think .... a whole bunch of abrasive sand or grit has been run through that drive for a long time ... on drive sprockets that are not parallel

That is all I know and it is not very much

Sun May 03, 2015 11:09 pm
Site Admin

Thanks Arnie, yes it has obviously been very hot and not adjusted properly... the funny thing is the other side of the pulley is fine. I don't think that is the pulley that belongs to this drive, like I said, someone has wsapped their shit for the good one while it was in the hangar :badluck :killme :fuckum :Wolvie

If anyone knows where there is a good one for sale, or where I can get a new one, that would be good :like

Sun May 03, 2015 11:18 pm

Muz,
Was your cogged gear anodized? It looks like it was too me. We have ours hard coat anodized medium grey color. So far we haven’t had any issues with mine so far. That is the way they wear on the sides of the teeth, but not sure about those grooves. I cut my own gears here in the CNC lathe and then off to the mill for bolt holes. How many teeth are on that one of yours??? If you can’t find one, I can make you one, if I have the old one to dimension. Just a thought!! I know that cogged bar stock in the picture was $201.13. You can get any size from these people and have one machined in OZ. I get 4 good parts and one setup out of that bar stock.

Mon May 04, 2015 6:13 pm
Profile WWW

Heres there web site...

http://www.bbman.com/

Mon May 04, 2015 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Wow, thanks John, I never knew it came in lengths like that :eek I will have to have a good look at that site :like According to the RAF quote, it is 38 teeth....

I checked with RAF, the sprocket will cost $US250 plus freight.... Evidently the prerotator pulley presses off.... I will check it out :like :wol2 :Wolvie

Mon May 04, 2015 10:12 pm

That is one of the nicest quotes I've ever seen.

But I bet that the example shown will be high maintenance.

Tue May 05, 2015 6:20 pm

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

AGREE !!!!!!

fj

Tue May 05, 2015 9:04 pm
Site Admin

Dang!! How did that get in there :noidea :laughing :laughing :Wolvie

Tue May 05, 2015 11:46 pm

I am going to convert from kittens to parrots from now on

Wed May 06, 2015 12:18 am
Site Admin

Arnie M. wrote:

I am going to convert from kittens to parrots from now on

Hey!! There is a picture of a parrot on her shorts :eek I had never noticed that before :noidea can't think how I could have missed that :noidea :realcrazy :rofl :rofl :Wolvie

Wed May 06, 2015 12:28 am

farmer jim wrote:
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

AGREE !!!!!!

fj

I agree fj, those damn Parrots are just trouble!!

Wed May 06, 2015 9:53 pm
Profile WWW

Alright, I missed the FICKEN PARROT too !

fj

Fri May 08, 2015 6:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]