It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Wagtail Aviation - South Africa 
So Muz and I have been following a thread on the other forum on a ruggedized gyro known as the Trooper that these guys are building in SA. Definitely could import this baby into the US for hog hunting. These guys build gyros with some pretty high cargo payload capacity, for some interesting mission specific applications like anti-poaching etc. Also a cool looking tractor called the Kriek, which means Cricket in Afrikaans (Boer language)
https://sites.google.com/site/wagtailav ... tyltd/home
http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?o ... e&id=36468

Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:36 am

I like it!

And it has a Subbie engine!

I know that is old fashioned... however I just like the engine.

Member PeachState Rotorcraft club
Member Sunstate Rotor & Wing Club
Owner/builder of
The Subinator: Single place Dominator/Subaru EA-81
(currently in full restoration)
Soon to offer machine shop services

Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:45 am
Site Admin

Yeah, its pretty awesome.... I reckon it would be great for launching meatballs too :noidea Not 300# meatballs, but smaller ones :like Obviously the south africans are chasing those assholes that poach and kill rhinos and elephants for their tusks :badluck :calmdown so with these I guess they can drop their agents out in the scrub, pick them up and reposition them, and drop supplies and stuff.... what a brilliant idea :koolaid

I for one think it is awesome that gyros are being used for such a noble cause..... good on them! :like :yoda2 :Wolvie

I reckin they should drop teams in there with veteranarians, dart rhino's and elephants and remove their horns humanely, so they can wake up and live on, without being persecuted for their ivory/horns.... and when they catch phucking poachers, they should be relieved of their own horn, if you catch my drift.... an eye for an eye & a horn for a horn.... :fuckum :Wolvie

The pilot sits a la tub and the 2 passengers sit back to back, side on behind the drivers seat with their feet on the footrest bars :like :pop

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Last edited by MadMuz on Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:12 am
MadMuz wrote:
Yeah, its pretty awesome.... I reckon it would be great for launching meatballs too :noidea Not 300# meatballs, but smaller ones :like Obviously the south africans are chasing those assholes that poach and kill rhinos and elephants for their tusks :badluck :calmdown so with these I guess they can drop their agents out in the scrub, pick them up and reposition them, and drop supplies and stuff.... what a brilliant idea :koolaid

I for one think it is awesome that gyros are being used for such a noble cause..... good on them! :like :yoda2 :Wolvie

I reckin they should drop teams in there with veteranarians, dart rhino's and elephants and remove their horns humanely, so they can wake up and live on, without being persecuted for their ivory/horns.... and when they catch phucking poachers, they should be relieved of their own horn, if you catch my drift.... an eye for an eye & a horn for a horn.... :fuckum :Wolvie

Dehorning is common practice now to safeguard rhinos from poaching. My daughter is in vet school, did that last year in SA, and is returning there this summer. I sent her the pic of the Trojan, but she is not too keen to fly in a gyro.

Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]