It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 6:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 New German Gyroplane 

http://www.rotorvox.com/en/rotorvox-c2a/

Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:00 am
Looks pretty! Probably pretty stable as they claim - mast looks shorter.......

Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:16 am
Site Admin

Looks easier to get into for us fat prix :laughing :laughing

I just worry about the payload.... 200Kg..... so me and Gabs couldn't fly it with zero fuel, it would be over mtow..... so if an 80Kg pilot and an 80Kg passenger could take 40kg of fuel.... all of these cabin 2 seaters are only viable 2 seaters for light weight people..... :head :badluck :killme :laughing :laughing

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:26 am
MadMuz wrote:
Looks easier to get into for us fat prix :laughing :laughing

I just worry about the payload.... 200Kg..... so me and Gabs couldn't fly it with zero fuel, it would be over mtow..... so if an 80Kg pilot and an 80Kg passenger could take 40kg of fuel.... all of these cabin 2 seaters are only viable 2 seaters for light weight people..... :head :badluck :killme :laughing :laughing

Yes I think the range quoted is pretty ambitious except one up - holds 90 litres of fuel.
Really seems like these larger 'ships' need to up the power a little.

Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:44 pm
Site Admin

That's a nice looking gyro Raúl. Thanks for posting it.
:like

Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:39 pm
Site Admin

Lofty, I don't know how it works state side, or Europe for that matter, but here in :OZ we have a max all up weight of 600Kg for any compliant gyro, single or 2 place..... with floats, it can be 650Kg. That is a blanket MTOW, nothing heavier (gyro) can be flown here in Oz. The BS to go thru to make anything conform to full registration would be astronomical.... so factories can pump out heavy machines, they just wont fit in here in :OZ unfortunately :killme :head :die

I reckon the average Aussie pilot would be 110Kg, ideally about 90L of gas would be good, so that is about 63Kg, so really, any 2 seat machine needs to be no more than 320 (ish) Kg or else it is just a long range single seater, a short range (joy flight) 2 seater.... or just flown illegally like all the rest are at the moment :wol2 :laughing

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]