It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 5:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 The Baby bird 
Site Admin

"Baby bird" 2-place helicopter.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:23 am

That is cool, but can it autorotate?

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:27 am
Site Admin

Of course!

Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:32 am

Is that a Cicare design? Don't hold out on us big fella.

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:39 am
Site Admin

Looks great, I would want to see it autorotate before I bought one tho.... a long way down in a short time if you looking at your rotors not turning :realcrazy

I have never seen a coaxial helicopter more than skid landing height off the ground.... remember the Nolan with two 582 engines?.... I never saw it more than 5' off the ground on the demonstration tape.... if you haven't heard of it, google 'Nolan helicopter' :yoda2

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:53 am

My memory might be missing some details... however I think Gabor posted a video of a Russian (?) coaxial that ran on two radials... and yes it could auto-rotate. Part of a discussion a while back with that same question... 'can a coaxial auto?'. Somewhat different looking bird... however one has to respect any chopper that flies and will auto down if it has an engine issue.

Member PeachState Rotorcraft club
Member Sunstate Rotor & Wing Club
Owner/builder of
The Subinator: Single place Dominator/Subaru EA-81
(currently in full restoration)
Soon to offer machine shop services

Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:58 am
Site Admin

Yes it is a Russian design and it uses a Rotax 912. Autorotates beautifully. It has 20' diameter discs that are counter rotating. The machine uses a lot of the Kamov design elements adding the 21st century technology. :) sweet flying machine

Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:24 am
Site Admin

Did you see the Nolan? Had 2 582's driving one drum, so if one stopped, it could continue (but not climb) on the engine that was running. :bigballs
Too bad if you run out of gas..... I think it is on youtube too... I have the VHS cassette :yoda2 This is the highest flying picture I have ever seen of it, always 5' or less. Looks like fun tho :dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QHfBucsL0Q

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:34 am
crank up the sound guy and wait for the music to start at 20sec https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJlPT133Uq0

Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:31 pm
Site Admin

I could almost hear him say a few nice Hungarian cuss words LOL. That was a Hungarian sprayer guy....

Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:36 pm
yes good work horse i think kamov ka26 and your little pic is rotorfly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUefKj--X90

Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:39 pm
Site Admin

Yes they called it Vertolet when in 1984 they started out but after breaking away from Kamov they renamed it and did a little modifications on the base unit. They are now I think called Ural something.....

Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:17 pm
MadMuz wrote:
Did you see the Nolan? Had 2 582's driving one drum, so if one stopped, it could continue (but not climb) on the engine that was running. :bigballs
Too bad if you run out of gas..... I think it is on youtube too... I have the VHS cassette :yoda2 This is the highest flying picture I have ever seen of it, always 5' or less. Looks like fun tho :dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QHfBucsL0Q
hey Madmuz not only have I seen it,I have sat in it and worked on the Engines. Anthony Croenlein of Phoenix Rotorcraft- 919-340-0038

bought out the design rights and the Proto type from Eagle perch. Anthony's shop was about 60 miles from where I use to live.

here are some pics of the machine. I never saw it fly.

and I heard he just bought a second one from the PRA chapter that Tom Milton is in.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:08 pm
Site Admin

That's awesome animal, thanks for that :bigballs

Hey Gab, have you flown the baby bird or will you be going to? :yoda2

Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:57 pm
Site Admin

No I haven't. I just knew about it. Friend of mine was working with one of the engineers.

Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]