It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Gabor this flight is for you and the crew 

Gabor this video is for you my brother! And the great bunch of people you have in you club. Listen around the five minute mark. I cant get the video to post correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMOEPHt ... o175NKu5iw

Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:14 am
Profile WWW

Great video John , the countryside is like a slice of paradise , you sure have a lot of trees and nice meadows there ,

Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:13 am
Site Admin

That is a really sweet flying machine my brother. Glad to see you enjoying the fruits of your labor. It does seems very smooth and feels as if you had there plenty of power to spare. Now I got you on video saying that you'll visit us next year soooooooooooo I am waiting for the next year to arrive already.
Thank you for the video. Good to see your family being so close to you and you can literally just drop in to see them :pbunny

Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:44 am
Man John that 500 sounds sweet and looks like you have a lot of confidence in that yamies power.

You did a really nice job putting it together and fixing the numerous issues.

Wish I had your building talents!

How's that flir camera platform you are working on ...is that video from that setup?

So say someone else (like me) wanted to just buy one and mount it on their (my)
gyro would it cost to purchase from you?

Thankx again for the video's.

D
:wol

Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:59 am
Great Video John, always love watching your videos of that bird flying, looks like you have really gotten the bugs worked out and made it a great machine. hope to see more MH-1's flying soon.

Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:27 am

Arnie M. wrote:

Great video John , the countryside is like a slice of paradise , you sure have a lot of trees and nice meadows there ,

Thanks Arnie,

I burnt some DVDs and watched thru the Blu-ray player on the big screen TV, and you could see all the terrain really good and the weather that was building to the north. I also have permission to ply in any field within a 20 NM radius from the heli pad.

Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:36 pm
Profile WWW

Flying Wolverine wrote:
Man John that 500 sounds sweet and looks like you have a lot of confidence in that yamies power.

You did a really nice job putting it together and fixing the numerous issues.

Wish I had your building talents!

How's that flir camera platform you are working on ...is that video from that setup?

So say someone else (like me) wanted to just buy one and mount it on their (my)
gyro would it cost to purchase from you?

Thankx again for the video's.

D

D.
Thanks for the nice comment!!
The camera platform is still in the works, It's still hard mounted in this flight, I guess all the time I spent balancing has paid off. I'm awaiting on the acrylic 6" x 6" clear camera dome it get here. Than I'll mount it and fly and it should be awesomely smooth.
The platform consist of the square mount box the flanged dome and the gimbal. The gimbal cost me 69.00 on EBay, the switch was 5.00, the voltage regulator was like 6.00, the cannon plug to quick disconnect and remove with ease is 15.00. The first dome is costing me 187.00 and 38.00 for each one after that. Only works with the Gopro camera up to the Black edition, So that's about 133.00 not including the square mount box, which I'm guessing will be around 50.00, so pretty cheap for a FLIR looking gimbal, and for the cool factor!!!

Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:11 pm
Profile WWW

Gabor wrote:
That is a really sweet flying machine my brother. Glad to see you enjoying the fruits of your labor. It does seems very smooth and feels as if you had there plenty of power to spare. Now I got you on video saying that you'll visit us next year soooooooooooo I am waiting for the next year to arrive already.
Thank you for the video. Good to see your family being so close to you and you can literally just drop in to see them :pbunny

Thank you my brother!!

It's been a long hard recovery form from the bad past years we had from (YOU KNOW KHOW). When I went to Mentone in 2012 I had to take a loan just to go. I just got all the lawyer loans paid off and the Mentone 2012 trip. It's been a real struggle to recover, that I should have never have had happen. I now have a new truck for towing, and some time next week I hope to order my new enclosed trailer with heat and air. It will be nice to roll the machine in and roll out and go fly. and not have to take it apart, Plus it will be nice having some living quarters while on the road. The rest of this year is booked with new builds, that I hope will accompany me there if not next, year the next. I have another video with music I just made that has some different footage. what in that link should I have put in the YouTube button above?? It had a lot of letters behind that V=??

Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:50 pm
Profile WWW

Animal wrote:
Great Video John, always love watching your videos of that bird flying, looks like you have really gotten the bugs worked out and made it a great machine. hope to see more MH-1's flying soon.

Thanks Tim,
I hope to see you I Florida at many events.

Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:52 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Glad to hear you are on the right path to recovery. Just put the URL up my brother and I'll fix it so it will show. :)
I love videos!!!!!!

Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:53 pm
ARFLYBOY wrote:
Animal wrote:

Thanks Tim,

watching your video got me fired up this morning to dig thru the mess in my shop and work on my bird some more. maybe someday I will have a good flying bird. slowly working on it. until then keep posting the flight videos, give us something to work towards.

Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:56 pm

Here's a video with some new footage from the same flight with music.

Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:51 pm
Profile WWW

Animal wrote:
ARFLYBOY wrote:
Animal wrote:

Thanks Tim,

watching your video got me fired up this morning to dig thru the mess in my shop and work on my bird some more. maybe someday I will have a good flying bird. slowly working on it. until then keep posting the flight videos, give us something to work towards.

Tim,
You have to get out a tinker every chance you get. Look how long it took me to get here. What helps is a couple sacks of weed and a few good drill motors right!!! LOL!!!

Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:55 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Cool :wol2 :wol2 :wol2

Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:58 pm
It's even better like that.

It's a real good feeling when you can look at your sweet blood and tears creation and hard work come together.....and you can relive that moment of joy when it all comes together.......in video and photo's forever. It's Proof.......

YOU DID THAT!!!!

Outstanding and be proud....that's a great helicopter!!!!

OH and sign me up for that new marketable flir idea.......I want one!

Will you build and assemble one for me when you think it's ready?

Add a reasonable amount for yourself and send me a bill. Hope you will consider this.

Thankx for the ride along!!! :wol

Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:53 am
ARFLYBOY wrote:
Animal wrote:
ARFLYBOY wrote:

Thanks Tim,

Tim,
You have to get out a tinker every chance you get. Look how long it took me to get here. What helps is a couple sacks of weed and a few good drill motors right!!! LOL!!!

From what jake says it does, but heck I don't smoke..lol hell I don't even drink... but I do have some good Drill motors.. :)

I just hope it does not take to long for me to get a new shop put up and my stuff moved to Florida once we get moved. as you can see that Hillman Hornet body needs a lot of work. Work I am not use to doing.

I have learned it is easier to design and build my own body then it is to restore a body someone else built and no one has plans for. I mean I don't even know how to take the windshield out. it almost looks like they put screws in for the outside in to the rubber molding then ground the heads off flush. I will post some close up photos of how it was done in my restore thread. maybe someone here may have an idea about what they did.

will this thing of mine every fly again? who knows i sure hope so. but it is by far the biggest project I have taken on to date.

Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:54 pm

Tim,

I just love Jakes video its a hoot!! Patients and you will get there and it will fly again.. Look how long it took me. I did have some un wanted trouble along the way I had to deal with, but it has paid off big time. What a fun machine I have to fly. And the four stroke reliably is a major plus..

Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:16 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]