It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 6:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 WHOOOHOOOOO 

Congratulations!

K.

Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:03 am
Just like an Aussie Gal :OZ to go rustling from the air.......wut do ya called it over there?
Mustering!!!!

Ya that's it!........Chris is Mustering Mooooo's......... :laughing :whoop :laughing :dropbear :gyro2

Now u will just have to go get a commercial rating so u can do it for hire and get your gyro to pay for itself! :clap:
:whoop :gyro :whoop

:wol :wol :wol

Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:56 pm

One reason I'm not putting the Aurora up for sale in utter disgust ... & working endlessly to make it better & better-that stock! ....is that I'd like to become a community resource ... for LEO's ... needing eyes in the sky for search& rescue situations! Also for cattlemen who get "break-outs" from their feedlots .......This fella called me a week ago ... but I was unable to be much help until I was back from Searcy! He had found & recovered all but 6 of the 35 ... several had been hit & killed by trains (ouch ...big$$$$'s lost ... cattle are expensive - at present!) ... as they were roaming along the railway line until they were located!

he had tracked some to a pasture near a lake & thought some were still lurking along the railway line ...... I needed a purpose for my first flight as a certified pilot ... so I headed off to do an aerial survey of the area! I saw large placid cows in pastures ... but no frightened skittish calves ..... there are many watercourses in the area with ribbons of dense trees ... in a couple of weeks ... when the leaves fall ... it will be much easier to see everywhere!

I was busy dividing my attention between scanning for other aircraft - looking for cattle - making sure I maintained legal height & distance from the many buildings & residences in the area ... plenty of circling& turning ... a gorgeous - if rather chilly day - up @ 500ft AGL - seemed like I was the only one out flying! Today it was crazy windy & I saw several FW's flying over the farm! ... go figure! :der
I don't know if I EVER get used to the hot-oil burning smell the engine behind me seems to waft at me regularly ... no oil usage ...no evidence of leaks /drips ... it's a total mystery why it stinks so often! :noidea
After a hour of flying I was feeling the cold .. in spite of my insulated coveralls & gloves! .... no sign of renegade calves ! I headed back to the airport ... all alone in the airspace!
I spent some hanger time unwinding & prepping for our next aerial adventure ... cleaned rotors & prop ... lots of bug-guts!
Tomorrow pull off rotor & ready for trailering to Anahuac! Kent & Steve McGowan are already on site .... the last rotor fly-in on OUR 2014 calendar! ....as ALLIN sez ... "IT"S A PARTY" :goofy

Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:28 pm
Site Admin

Good for you. A fighter can't just "not fight"....so you know that you got to fight it out and win. Then and only then will you go and get something else that is less of a trouble :die :die :die

Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:45 pm

NOW it's REAL .... even after 6 weeks .... it hasn't really sunk in!

Delivered today ....

Here's the proof!!! :whoop

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:48 pm
Site Admin

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Congratulations sistah!!!!!!
You go girl!!!!!
I am very proud of ya.
:wol

Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2