It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 It's almost done :) 
Site Admin

I watched them bringing mine into the shop through video chat today! I am freaking giddy...... :lick

Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:47 pm

This is exciting. The Skycruiser looks like another great gyro.

Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:57 pm
Site Admin

Gabor wrote:
I am freaking giddy...... :lick

I think you might need the next size up panty hoes? :noidea :laughing

When are they shipping it/them? What color will the second one be? Or will it be raw? :noidea :pop :wol2 :Wolvie

:Confederate

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:18 pm
Site Admin

Thank you Stan. It's a good thing I am not involved in the design so it probably is very well thought out :rofl
I am way too dumb for these things, however I am smart enough to know that people with 5 diplomas in aero engineering probably know their shit. :half
I also know quality when I see it. This baby screams high quality and great craftsmanship.
If I can have a hand in helping this machine come to the U.S. I sure will do all I can.
:wol

Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:21 pm
Site Admin

Well this one had a pearl white base color. I am not sure how fast they can produce two gyros while filling in the Chinese order too. They will be shipping in a 30 footer container so they want to put 2 in it. Probably by June. Testing and final tuning. The head position will be customized for my weight. Not that it is that big of a deal but these guys are anal about the slightest details..... :noidea

Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:25 pm
Site Admin

Gabor wrote:
Not that it is that big of a deal but these guys are anal about the slightest details..... :noidea

Nothing like being anal, I always say... but then.... that can be a pain in the ass sometimes too? :noidea :eek :laughing :badluck :yoda2 :Wolvie

:fuckum

Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:55 pm

Hey Gab, what is the main frame made from on the Sky Cruiser? is it CroMo?

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:02 am
Site Admin

No. It's modified stainless.

Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:42 am
Site Admin

To be exact austenitic stainless steel 50x50x2mm.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:21 pm
Site Admin

ooops I left these off......multitasking.... :wol2

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:27 pm
Site Admin

AAAAAAAnnnnndddddddddd Voila!

Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:41 pm

White is not your color....but it lends itself well to Fuscia graphics.

And only the 80 hp engine... :puke3 :realcrazy :loser :calmdown

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:13 pm
Site Admin

This one .... as I have mentioned it.....goes to China.

Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:22 pm
Looks like those guys drink a lot of beer during build breaks; and/or eat a lot of Hung-Aryan baked goods.
So what type of Torque Roll prevention do they have. :boink :boink

Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:10 pm
Site Admin

Hung Aryans are not big beer drinkers unless of course if it's good ole Bayern...... But eating is what we do and wash it down with the finest wine in the world.
Torque roll compensation is built in the tail.
It also doesn't need tabs for it.

Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:14 pm
Gabor wrote:
Hung Aryans are not big beer drinkers unless of course if it's good ole Bayern...... But eating is what we do and wash it down with the finest wine in the world.
Torque roll compensation is built in the tail.
It also doesn't need tabs for it.

But it's not a cruciform tail, therefore can never work. :wol2 :wol2 :wolf
Seriously though, what is special about the tail. Looks pretty similar to other Eurotubs, except for being a little more Transylvanian

Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:25 pm
Site Admin

Not telling. These boys have spent waaay too much time and money to figure it out. Maybe in person I will.
Cruciform tails? What are we talking about? I am lost here..... :noidea

Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:39 pm
Site Admin

loftus wrote:
So what type of Torque Roll prevention do they have.

The pilot.... that is the only prevention of torque roll needed :laughing :wol2 :Wolvie

Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:41 pm
Gabor wrote:
Not telling. These boys have spent waaay too much time and money to figure it out. Maybe in person I will.
Cruciform tails? What are we talking about? I am lost here..... :noidea

Hmmmm, I'm guessing a vertical stab more like a wing than symmetrical.

Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:43 pm
Site Admin

Gabs, Lofty means a tail like a tall tail with a HS in the middle is like a cross/cruciform...

Lofty, A tail further back from the prop blast and the HS riding in cleaner air will assist to resist some torque roll... but I am not totally convinced that a tall tail with the HS at center of the prop nor the Avo tail with the angled HS have much affect on torque roll anyway.... every action has an equal and opposite reaction.....

To me, the best way of reducing torque roll is to use a gearbox rather than a belt.... so the torque from the engine and the prop going the other direction cancel each other out a bit, whereas, if you have the engine and prop going the same direction, the torque reaction from both add together..... It would be even better if the downgoing blade of the prop is going down on the side the rotor is retreating too I reckon....

Why are you so worried about torque roll suddenly Lofty? Are you having trouble with annoying orange? Or is it just because of the Dubai accident? If so, I don't think that had anything whatsoever to do with torque roll.... so just shut up and fly :whip :laughing :pop :wol2 :Wolvie

Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next