It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 5:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 PRA is trying group insurance again!!! 

Well my friends you are hearing it first well at least before RWF!
PRA is FINALLY changing! We have one new member benefit that will save you $12.50 if you attend Mentone fly-in!
There is another benefit coming soon that will save you another $39.00!

Together that will mean that you are earning $9.50 by joining PRA!
There is another discount on all parts you buy that will be announced if they accept our dealership agreement!

By June you will not recognize the web-site and the Forum is serving it purpose for private meeting and Ground School Classrooms.

Our 1st Open Source Project is coming together (A State-of-the-art lightweight pre-rotator) as we just purchased a 7 lbs 7HP motor and have found two candidates for controllers. http://www.pra.org/forums/showthread.ph ... =1#post684

CHEAP GROUP INSURANCE anyone?

OK we are set to start!
They wanted everyone to fill our this 3 page application. Well I know form asking those on the list most did not want to do that!!!
So Parker found a solution. Just call him! Tell him that you are part of the PRA group!!!

He will take a much shorter application over the phone personally for us saving PRA and our members the most time he can.

Once everyone on the list has applied then they can do the first evaluation of risk and give us a quote for the group!!!

Now understand PRA is about safety and the carrier considers pilot skills to evaluate risk! So a symbiotic relationship can be created with PRA providing the insurance carry with an evaluation of each pilots skill level. Regardless of the hours of the pilot.

The way we will do this is to have you get a check-out ride from one of PRA's instructors. The PRA will then send these to the carrier and he will then reduce the rates even further than this 1st quote!

HE like PRA idea!!!!!!!!

Here is Parker's Card... Please call quickly if you want this to happen; it now up to you!!! PRA has provided the opportunity!

Here is a list so far:

1) Victor Agadzi- MTO Sport Gyroplane on Floats EAB,N487BA, Registered Jan 2013
EAA plus PRIME
2) Michael Stone - MTO Sport Gyroplane - EAB - N 989MM Registered June 2013
3)Jeffrey Hartog: MTO Sport N38KT; registration in progress
4)Mark Sprigg- Magni M-16 , EAB. N216MG
5)Mark Sprigg- Magni M-16, EAB. N316MG
6)Vance Breese- EAB Gyroplane, N142MG
7)Jim Toevs - TG Butterfly ,EAB N 556FJ . March 2011
8 Christine Toevs - Aurora Butterfly EAB N5560Z April 2012
9) Scott Essex- RFD Dominator EAB N89SX April 2007
10) Stanley VanDenBrink-RAF2000-N7077A
11)Bob Heimberger -Magni M-16 EAB. N862WT
12)Rob Dubin- Xenon RST ELSA . N279DE
13) Bryan Fair- Calidus EAB N31BF * Coming July?
14) Vince Inzinna ~ AirCommand 582 Elite N8032E Based at 31E NJ
15) Peter Hewitt-Dean Bensen Merlin UK G-BUPF 6/14 3rd party & c

Come here to learn the latest info: http://www.pra.org/forums/showthread.ph ... =1#post684

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PRA- Board of Director - Secretary
PRA- Volunteer Coordinator

PRA31 - V.P. of S.D. Rotorcraft Club
http://www.Pra31.org

U.S. Agent for Aviomania Aircraft
http://www.AviomaniaUSA.com

Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:08 pm
Profile WWW

That is a great first step to growing the sport.

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:59 pm

What we all need is:
1) Cheap Insurance
2) Financing with the gyroplane as collateral
3) Discounts on all the parts we buy

They are more but those 3 are almost a done deal! PRA has setup a manufactures association that will make guarantees to the bank that levitates all of 3 banks concerns so far.

Only you I and after an email to the BOD this forum knows this now. Expect Aviomania to be the first dealer with financing if it can pass the last BOD at the top of corporate level. Now do not hold you breath! But there are calling me back like they would like this business!
It to is a symbiotic relationship where no one as an advantage and or is a favorite with PRA as the logical one that understands all of the problems and concerns!

PRA wants safety and it want to fulfill our members needs to buy a more expensive rotorcraft.

Members want a brand new EXPENSIVE gyro to pick up more chicks or girls pick up guys! Booo

Manufactures want to sell more gyro's

The banks want the asset insured, and they want collateral that is fully built correctly and registered with the FAA!

So now the members need cheap insurance!

The Insurance co wants to evaluate risk but has no idea how you fly so is only guessing and for experimental has to guest HIGH!

So PRA is perfect to become all this and it's so easy for PRA to do this for you!!!

PRA CFI's will give check-out ride that have a standard form made out by PRA and the Insurance co.
The manufactures that join PRA new Manufactures Association Branch of PRA will make guarantees to the bank that they will go with the banks repossession guy to collect all the parts!

For Aviomania I will take it to my hanger and replace all the blown part put it together for them and re-sell it for the bank as a new/used fully built rotorcraft paying the bank in full.
The manufacture sell the kit once at full price and makes about 10K because of the down-payment that was required by the bank when he sells it a second time! This pays for labor and all blown parts.

The insruasurace company wants to know skill level to give you the best rate and the banks want it insurance so we have to have cheaper insurance or it could be a deal breaker! Member may still not be able to afford it!

So PRA becomes the conduit and provides the virtual meeting place for the manufactures to discuss this in one of our many private forums. Where time zone and language barriers can be overcome to all work towards the same goals!

I've been ignored for 5 years. About ready to give up they would ever let me try!
I have not given up because I do not see what PRA was... I see what it could be!
If you really think we are on the right track you could help... Just call the insurance carrier for a quote the larger the group the cheaper the rate form the start. And the time is right PLEASE join PRA I need some working capital because you haint seen nothing yet.

If it doesn't work OK but at least we all gave our best effort and TRIED to grow our sport!
Who in now ALL IN with me!!!

Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:48 pm
Profile WWW

I know this is probably a dumb question. But what kind of group insurance is this? Is it insurance that covers your own aircraft and any others you might destroy in an accident? If not what kind of insurance is it?

Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:07 pm

First... Thank you John 'ALL-IN' for all your effort, it is appreciated more than you know!

I thing the question of 'what kind of insurance' is a valid question...
Is this hull insurance, liability insurance, medical coverage (for aircraft occupants), does it cover medical liability for folks on the ground?
Might help to know...
I suspect there will be options available???

Member PeachState Rotorcraft club
Member Sunstate Rotor & Wing Club
Owner/builder of
The Subinator: Single place Dominator/Subaru EA-81
(currently in full restoration)
Soon to offer machine shop services

Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:29 pm

That is a GREAT question I should have answered!!

I better fix Facebook page too! = Thank you!!

Part of the phone call to Parker will be to ask you if you wish Full comprehensive converge, Liability only or any combination you desire! If it is for a bank loan. Then you need haul coverage for the amount of the loan.

Also he said that the more risk you take with a larger deductible the lower your rate will be!!!

Thanks for asking I did mean to explain as it is one of my main criteria PRA wanted that you are able to buy only what you each need!

Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:26 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]