It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 4:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 What am we doing this for? 

I my case I saw a video of the 1st open frame Carter jump gyroplane.
I joined this forum and started asking questions and was invited to go to Mentone and offered a ride by Ron Awad. My friends on this forum told him to scare the SH*T out of me and it was an ‘E’ ticket ride, for the rest of that story you will have to search this forum.

From that day on I’ve had a PASSION for rotorcraft!!

I believe they are the best kept secret know to man kind, more fun that is normally allowed and I believe the FAA would like to make us go away or make everyone buy a $200 to $400K CERTIFIED rotorcraft.

I believe the insurance companies are charging too much money and that we need cheap group insurance!

I believe the airport can be marketed and earn revenue that can be used to purchase cheap group insurance by being partially self insured and or other member benefits.

I believe that all the chapters share this same passion and they need about the same tools to succeed. Things like marketing of new members with national advertizing, cheap group insurance, AUTOMATED web-pages that actually reduce the amount of labor needed to run a chapter, brochures, videos, learning tools, banners and booths, hot-spot internet access points, PA announcing systems, projectors, and a source for cheap T-shirts where we buy them for the group at cheaper rate and where PRA buys and shipped the equipment you need to chapters for there fly-in, static displays, and promotions.

I believe it too hard to find the parts experimental user need to build our machines and that we need a central store where it’s easy to find all things rotorcraft.

I believe that if we had a magazine with a greater circulation that could be purchased over the counter that the advertizing in the form of building and flying articles would increase new rotorcraft ownership increasing market demand which means competition = more and better rotorcraft, instructors, DPE and many more women pilots near you and at our fly-in parties! I have a passion for women too, sorry.

I believe that we need to make it cheaper for young families to join in the fun with co-owned rental aircraft that are sent to each chapter when they have a group to be trained. My passion for this includes funding PRA 31’s 1 and 2 place gyroplanes!

I and the other volunteers really believe and have a REAL PASSION, much like the Wright brothers must have had and that why we will just keep trying until we succeed.

If you believe in any of these things and or you know we need the tools and realize a group can do so much more than a single person or chapters then I ask you to join us in our passion as we can make this all happen and more but we need you to join PRA today!

PRA- Board of Director - Secretary
PRA- Volunteer Coordinator

PRA31 - V.P. of S.D. Rotorcraft Club
http://www.Pra31.org

U.S. Agent for Aviomania Aircraft
http://www.AviomaniaUSA.com

Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:07 am
Profile WWW

ALL IN wrote:
I believe the insurance companies are charging too much money and that we need cheap group insurance!

I selected one of your issues.
This ain't gonna happen.
Even in our heyday there were not enough member numbers to make it worthwhile for an insurance company.
Or we could self insure if we formed our own cooperative. That is not likely to happen for two reasons.
1st everyone would have to participate. 2nd we would need a very generous benefactor. George Soros is unlikely to be interested.
Face it. It ain't gonna happen unless we have around 100,000 members and everyone pitched in. Everyone!

I could go out to the Aiken airport and take a survey of who is current on their insurance and I bet half of the planes have zip, nada, zero.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:39 am
Site Admin

RayNAiken wrote:
George Soros is unlikely to be interested.

I could talk to uncle Gyuri :) Bastard Hungarian commie...........

Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:49 am

Gabor wrote:
RayNAiken wrote:
George Soros is unlikely to be interested.

I could talk to uncle Gyuri :) Bastard Hungarian commie...........

Is Soros still a wanted man .....where was it......Hungary or Romania?
I know he was a wanted man in a couple of countries.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:58 am
Site Admin

Probably England. Almost bankrupted the Royal bank with his trick. ALmost!

Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:09 am

Tell you what John...

Here is the deal:

Abolish ALL of the secrecy stuff (proof is required)... and I will join for a year... And if, at the end of the year, there is proven value in the membership, I will re-up.
Now there is a condition for my membership: I must have access (as a member) to a private website where ALL the happenings of the BOD: Including but not limited to:
Current business
Financials
Current projects
EVERY vote
Any and ALL business, discussions, projects, decisions, suggestions, actions... of the BOD, MUST be available for my perusal online.

Meet these two conditions... and I will give you the benefit of the doubt for a year.

Fair enough?

(Others are welcome to join this wagon).

Member PeachState Rotorcraft club
Member Sunstate Rotor & Wing Club
Owner/builder of
The Subinator: Single place Dominator/Subaru EA-81
(currently in full restoration)
Soon to offer machine shop services

Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:52 pm

the real secret here but not really a secret is the cost of flying is so high because of the faa regs. of course in a proper society faa would only regulate commercial travel which is why I travel the part 103 friendly skies. :Flag

Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:06 pm

RayNAiken wrote:
ALL IN wrote:

I selected one of your issues.
This ain't gonna happen.
Even in our heyday there were not enough member numbers to make it worthwhile for an insurance company.
Or we could self insure if we formed our own cooperative. That is not likely to happen for two reasons.
1st everyone would have to participate. 2nd we would need a very generous benefactor. George Soros is unlikely to be interested.
Face it. It ain't gonna happen unless we have around 100,000 members and everyone pitched in. Everyone!

I could go out to the Aiken airport and take a survey of who is current on their insurance and I bet half of the planes have zip, nada, zero.

Actually I've made contact with the 1st company a year ago. If PRA can save $25K as payment for the deductible from the airport revenue then our insurance will only cost members 25% of what they normally charge. But we do not have 25K yet!!

Good observations and I agree with you... Thank you for helping share our passion.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:00 am
Profile WWW

GyroGeorgia wrote:
Tell you what John...

Here is the deal:

Abolish ALL of the secrecy stuff (proof is required)... and I will join for a year... And if, at the end of the year, there is proven value in the membership, I will re-up.
Now there is a condition for my membership: I must have access (as a member) to a private website where ALL the happenings of the BOD: Including but not limited to:
Current business
Financials
Current projects
EVERY vote
Any and ALL business, discussions, projects, decisions, suggestions, actions... of the BOD, MUST be available for my perusal online.

Meet these two conditions... and I will give you the benefit of the doubt for a year.

Fair enough?

Thank you John and I'm going to share this email with the BOD, it speaks volumes.

More than fair! I love you guys for that!

Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:07 am
Profile WWW

ALL IN wrote:
GyroGeorgia wrote:
Tell you what John...

Here is the deal:

Abolish ALL of the secrecy stuff (proof is required)... and I will join for a year... And if, at the end of the year, there is proven value in the membership for me, I will re-up.
Current business
Financials
Current projects
EVERY vote

Fair enough?

Thank you John and I'm going to share this email with the BOD, it speaks volumes.

Hi John,

I am gonna add one more thing to the 'deal' in the post yesterday... please read bold type above.

Added the words 'for me' in the part about proven value.

The point is to remind the BOD; they are here to manage the organization FOR THE MEMBERS... NOT for their interests. (Would you leave that part bold... would send the message I prefer to send, THX).
It is the fine line between power corrupting, and power making the person a better person.

Over the years I have been involved in politics... mainly trying to get folks to learn the difference between greed and leadership.
A polecat (politician) who runs for office to build their empire... is different than a citizen who seeks to make the country a better place for everyone.

We need the latter type running PRA... As far as I am concerned; if we elect the former type, the PRA needs to die.

On a side note... if one has time, read around at this website:
www.GaCarry.org
The propose of this organization is to monitor legislation in the state of GA, to keep polecats in line with the 2nd amendment. We do not grandstand, we build relationships with politicians.
We have managed, as a cumulative process, to remove numerous restrictions to our state version of CW (called a GWL--Georgia weapons license), as well as significantly lower the places one is restricted from carrying (with a GWL).
There are some interesting ideas in how GaCarry.org (GCO) accomplishes our goals... worth the read if one has time.

Owner/builder of

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:08 am

GyroGeorgia wrote:
ALL IN wrote:
GyroGeorgia wrote:
Tell you what John...

Here is the deal:

Abolish ALL of the secrecy stuff (proof is required)... and I will join for a year... And if, at the end of the year, there is proven value in the membership for me, I will re-up.
Current business
Financials
Current projects
EVERY vote

Fair enough?

Hi John,

I am gonna add one more thing to the 'deal' in the post yesterday... please read bold type above.

Added the words 'for me' in the part about proven value.

The point is to remind the BOD; they are here to manage the organization FOR THE MEMBERS... NOT for their interests. (Would you leave that part bold... would send the message I prefer to send, THX).
It is the fine line between power corrupting, and power making the person a better person.

Over the years I have been involved in politics... mainly trying to get folks to learn the difference between greed and leadership.
A polecat (politician) who runs for office to build their empire... is different than a citizen who seeks to make the country a better place for everyone.

We need the latter type running PRA... As far as I am concerned; if we elect the former type, the PRA needs to die.

On a side note... if one has time, read around at this website:
http://www.GaCarry.org
The propose of this organization is to monitor legislation in the state of GA, to keep polecats in line with the 2nd amendment. We do not grandstand, we build relationships with politicians.
We have managed, as a cumulative process, to remove numerous restrictions to our state version of CW (called a GWL--Georgia weapons license), as well as significantly lower the places one is restricted from carrying (with a GWL).
There are some interesting ideas in how GaCarry.org (GCO) accomplishes our goals... worth the read if one has time.

Hi buddy!
I will share this as I did your last post it was excellent... And we are discussing it right now too.
I in this because I have a passion about rotorcaraft. I do not care if I'm thanked, or even given credit! It's not about power if someone else would care and do it I would be so glad to just fly.

I believe PRA could really help so many more members and chapters in so many ways and help new folks get into our sport with hopefully more women joining us?

Thank you,
John

Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:27 pm
Profile WWW

Transparency and we heard you.
OK my friends.

I got the financial statements from Robert last night and I had all the minuets since 6/2014 when I was elected to the BOD so all the documents that I have are now online.

All members can log-in 1st! Then copy paste this link to go directly to the page:
http://www.pra.org/default.aspx?p=2012BBoardMeeting

I'm still waiting for the source documents and financial statements for PRA Mentone Airport. The day I get them they too will be posted!

Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:28 pm
Profile WWW

Definitely a step in the right direction John, THX for doing this!

Currently, I am not a member... chose to join Sunstate instead (IMO, for me, and currently, there is more value in Sunstate than the PRA-- this could be changed, something I think may be coming :) ).

I imagine sooner or later, the information will find its way to me.

Appreciate all you are doing for Gyro's!

Have a GREAT one!

GA

Owner/builder of

Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:46 pm

GyroGeorgia wrote:
Definitely a step in the right direction John, THX for doing this!

Currently, I am not a member... chose to join Sunstate instead (IMO, for me, and currently, there is more value in Sunstate than the PRA-- this could be changed, something I think may be coming :) ).

I imagine sooner or later, the information will find its way to me.

Appreciate all you are doing for Gyro's!

Have a GREAT one!

GA

Thanks John we got 50+ new members since mid September, just found out we are growing again!!! Yipe!!!

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]