It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Aussie V8s racing at Bathurst 9-12th October 
Site Admin

If you like your motor racing and want to see some V8 sedans that can turn right, as well as left ( :rofl ) you might want to tune in. It is on our 9th-12th October, (which is your 8th-11th) it is on Fox here (speed) so it should be on over there too. Only thing is it will be on early I guess, so set your fox to record, it is quite good to watch. :die

Bathurst (Mount Panorama) is an iconic race here in Aus, it started out being actual factory built road cars, so Ford and Holden (GMH) used to make the Bathurst specials for sale to the public.... however, the cars are now a tubular frame with common drive train, suspension, gearing, tires etc, then the fiberglass body panels to look like the road car, similar to the way your NASCAR racers are built. The only difference in the cars is the engines, and now as well as Holden and Ford, Nissan, Volvo and Mercedes have joined the party.... always great racing, but at Bathurst, which is 1000km (161 laps of Mount Panorama circuit) and as well as the main series drivers, they each share with a co-driver, so it gets pretty exciting. :yoda2

The main drivers are the ones that have been going to Texas since COA has been open. The cars are all the same chassis, suspension, independent rear transaxle, (6 speed sequential) same carbon brakes, same wheels/tires and the V8 engine of each particular manufacturer. The engines are limited to 7500 rpm, the cars are self lifting at pit stops, one single center wheel nut..... for fairly heavy sedans they go and handle pretty well. :pop

Mount Panorama is an exciting track starting on the flat, climbing up the mountain, lots of blind corners at 200kmh over the top of 'Skyline' then the blast down conrod straight, which used to be one long straight (which tortured and broke conrods)but since the namby pamby safety era, they put a kink in it...... when brakes ran out at the end of conrod, cars would end up half way into Bathurst (the town) :laughing :laughing

If you enjoyed the V8 Supercars at Texas, you will like Bathurst for sure.... worth a look if you are bored on that weekend :first :dropbear :OZ

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/

:wol

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:59 am

My favorite Australian racing is when they pull the campers (caravans) behind during the race!

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:06 am
Site Admin

Yeah, not much left of them at the end :fuckum

What is good about the racing, is it is standing start which is pretty good.... 40 cars doing about 8 second 1/4 mile all aiming at the first corner :Nazi

I like the swamp racing over there.... those guys are really mad! :realcrazy :dizzy :laughing :laughing

:wol

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]