It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2024 7:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 My 93 year old dad broke his hip 

Just got back from planning my dads funeral. Full military honors, flag draped coffin. Would it be tacky to take pictures of the casket after the ceremony? I mean my dad is one of a few existing WW11 veterans. The last of the Mohicans so to speak.

Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:49 pm
Site Admin

I never had to deal with funerals in my life. I am sure it's not an easy task.
He deserves the best. He had earned it. We don't have too many WWII veterans remaining unfortunately. They are disappearing rather rapidly. It is very sad.

Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:57 pm
Hellified wrote:
Just got back from planning my dads funeral. Full military honors, flag draped coffin. Would it be tacky to take pictures of the casket after the ceremony? I mean my dad is one of a few existing WW11 veterans. The last of the Mohicans so to speak.
Tacky or not, I would so you have the memory’s when you want to see them, we took lots of pics at Cindi's Mom Funeral and so did others. the way I look at it is he was YOUR dad, not everyone elses, you do what makes you feel good.

Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:10 pm

Hellified wrote:

Pictures and videos of funeral services have been done several time here ... discreet video is the best and you can capture stills from that

-the best thing is to hire somebody to do it , someone who is not a part of the funeral or the family ,
-most churches already have discrete recording equipment and people who know how to do it
-once edited and made into a disc it should only focus on the important parts of the service and procession (about your dad) , it should not be about videotaping the (grieving) people there (that would be bad taste)
-properly done it will be a nice memorial tribute , it can even be sent to friends or relatives who could not attend in person
-when you stop and think about it , a lot of funerals are recorded and sometimes even put on the news for notable people , it is a nice tribute ,

The most important thing is to find someone who has done it , or knows how to do it (properly & respectfully) (professionally)

You will be glad you did

The church or funeral home should know someone appropriate

Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3