It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2024 7:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 My 93 year old dad broke his hip 

So sorry to hear, keeping fingers crossed.

K.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:16 pm

They are operating to remove his clot in his leg. Now my sister developed a blood clot in her leg from watching dad overnight. She has Factor V mutation like I was incorrectly diagnosed with. She now has to be on Coumadin like I was unnecessary for 2 years. I am so glad I am negative for Factor V.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:05 pm
So sorry to hear Stan. Unfortunately hip and pelvic fractures in older people are very frequently associated with blood clots....
Hope your sister gets over her problems soon as well.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:13 pm

Hellified wrote:
They are operating to remove his clot in his leg. Now my sister developed a blood clot in her leg from watching dad overnight. She has Factor V mutation like I was incorrectly diagnosed with. She now has to be on Coumadin like I was unnecessary for 2 years. I am so glad I am negative for Factor V.

you realize medicine is politcised under liberal logic. A shot of bacon grease and nicotine works wonders, atleast it does for ebola but thats not politically correct. A tobacoo plant in kentucky is what the ebola cure is made of.

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:37 pm

The doctors tried two different operations to remove dads blood clot. He was scheduled to have his leg amputated tomorrow morning. Dad is at peace with the Lord and was still letting us know not to amputate his leg even though he knows it won't be long when keeping his leg will cause his death.

I had an amazing evening with him.....it was a sad/happy time..dad was very coherent and that is what I needed to see.

He is telling us all last minute instructions.

You would not believe this guy. They broke the mould when he was made.

It is so surreal knowing he won't be with us many more days.

Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:25 pm

My thoughts have been with you and your dad for the past couple of days Stan

Your dad is someone I wanted to meet some day .... mostly for the farming stuff ... I love farming ... I would have a million questions for him and he would likely have all the answers ... I have always been amazed at the crop yields you guys get . I remember all the tile drains he trenched in a few years ago.

Because of his strong faith he knows his destiny , probably even looks forward to it .... I have been given a glimpse of it and it is better than we can imagine.

Portions of Hebrews 12:22-24 describe it.
-- he will go to The City of God , the heavenly Jerusalem
-- (where) ... the Spirits of the righteous are made perfect
-- (amongst) thousands of Angels in joyful assembly
-- to the church of the firstborn whose names are written in heaven

Tell him I said that , I have been there , I cant wait to go back , all our departed loved ones are there too , we look just like we did down here .... around that perfect age of 24-26 , we are flawless and perfect , better than anyone can imagine , the happiness and joy radiates through everything and everybody there.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:29 am

Arnie- Thanks. My son Jeff and I went to visit dad last night as he told us how he felt about choosing to live in a wheel chair or dying . He had the most heavenly aura emitting from him as he said with a smile not to worry about him ....he was at peace. The warm glow emitting from him was making us all smile in peace....it was so surreal. Jeff was a little spooked I believe. Never have I felt so happy about something so terrible about to happen..

Why do I believe???? All I can say is why would I not?

I pray others would have experiences in life that can't be explained , but only felt.

Arnie, thank you my friend. Dad was and still is an amazing person that I can only be a pimple on his butt in comparison.

If anyone was a wolverine, it would have been my dad. I have seen him stand up to some of the toughest men in the county, you would not ever mess with my dad...I am going to start a thread on some stories about my dad who was a high school drop out, and how he worked his way through life buying farm ground instead of new tractors, and still to this day has an old dented pick up truck.

Such an amazing, amazing man. Dad and I had one thing in common....we are both independent as hell....and that's why I left the silver spoon farm operation he had worked so hard for me to take over.

I severely disappointed him, even angered him when I left the farming operation in 1986 to strike out on my own. A decision I never regretted. Dad took several years to admit he was proud of what I had accomplished......it took me 60 years to say the same thing back to him last night on his "life" bed. Dad is not going to die, but is really going to start living soon.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:50 am

Our thoughts & prayers with you & your Dad's loved ones Stan ..... sounds like a magical farewell - for the temporary separation that is nearing .... SO few get the sweet closure to life on this reality-level .... just thinking of a couple of other recent sudden departures ... with-out the gift of true-farewell closure - how much harder on the family ... to not get to say a good-bye(for now)!

The glowing aura & Dad's attitude / lucidity are a special gift to you all ... when my Dad moved on ... despite the dementia ... my Mum & brother were with him & he was in a similar state! Our-celebration of Dad's life & sharing time with friends was a joyous occasion - as he wished! I feel him close & still protecting me ... especially when flying!

God bless you all! He has had an great life here on earth & so much better to come!

loving thoughts & prayers

Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:32 am

Stan ... I would love to hear some stories about your dad some day

Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:00 pm

Dad passed away this morning at 6:15 am

Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:58 am

You and family are in our prayers!

..... ― Pawan Mishra

Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:18 am
Site Admin

That's terrible news Stan, although not unexpected...... :cry

My condolences to you and your family.... you're in my thoughts....

:OZPrayers sent your way mate :Flag

:wol

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:33 am

We were hoping he would last a few more days .... maybe he was at complete peace and ready to go , glad you got to spend time with him.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:38 am

I was praying for a complete recovery.

Now my prayers are for you and the family.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:48 am
Site Admin

Very saddened by this news. Be strong. You are now the Chief! The family will need you. Godspeed my friend and my deepest sympathy to all who knew and loved him.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:55 am
Hellified wrote:
Dad passed away this morning at 6:15 am

So sorry for your Loss Stan, sounds like the world truly has lost a great man. it did make me smile to see the pics of him with the Gyro with Greg.

prayers to you and your family in this time of loss.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:03 am

Nothing to feel sad about, You had a good man raise a good son. He had a good run in life, Be thankful for who and what you have.
He will be remember for who he is. :bunny

Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:30 pm

Sorry to hear that Stan, God be with you and your family.

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:33 pm

Thoughts & prayers for you all while adjusting to your temporary separation!

Blessed to know it was a known farewell ... with time to let-go & enjoy the "lasts"!

Celebrate a wonderful life!

Condolonces ... in you loss!

Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:14 pm

Thanks so much for all the kind comments. Today was a miraculous day.... A sad day but a good day knowing dad would not suffer anymore.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next