It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Calendar 
Site Admin

Gabor wrote:
ps: Does this make me an asshole? Oh I see it's not this that does it....I just am :rofl

It really depends if you put any white powder (offset powder) in the envelope so he thinks someone has sent him some ant rax :rofl

Of course you are Gabs, need you ask? Be proud, that's why we all love you mate (that and you make cool calendars) :bigballs :Nazi :laughing :laughing

:wol

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:47 pm
Site Admin

This is for you Chris :OZ :dropbear
I find it interesting that someone would give you a strange look for you sticker while.......
:laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:48 pm

Gabor wrote:
ps: Does this make me an asshole? Oh I see it's not this that does it....I just am :rofl

Depends on the view...

To me, it show you are a quality person: You are sharing the calendar with folks not particularly on your close friends list.

To folks who do not understand (you, and your ways)... well not many folks I know who are successful, really worry much about what their less than friendly acquaintances think.

Good move Gabs... being friendly, while rubbing it in.

Wonder if the 'other' calendar will ever get made... :fuckum

Member PeachState Rotorcraft club
Member Sunstate Rotor & Wing Club
Owner/builder of
The Subinator: Single place Dominator/Subaru EA-81
(currently in full restoration)
Soon to offer machine shop services

Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:05 pm
Site Admin

Probably not.....but they will have an excuse now....apparently I spoiled it.....I am such a spoiler :laughing :laughing :laughing

Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:10 pm
Site Admin

GyroGeorgia wrote:
Gabor wrote:

Wonder if the 'other' calendar will ever get made... :fuckum

GG, from what I have heard, the 'other' 2015 calendar should be due for release in mid November (2016) :rofl :Cheapass :Nazi

$50 each :laughing :laughing

Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:12 pm
:fuckum

Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:13 pm

Gabor wrote:
Probably not.....but they will have an excuse now....apparently I spoiled it.....I am such a spoiler :laughing :laughing :laughing

I think Brent will, however he was asking instructors to pay into it for advertising but do not think he got any takers.
Brent is a doer so I suspect this will not stop him.

The funds would be used to get a hard copy back into the members hands, but we will see.

Competition is a good thing, and the more calendars out there with rotorcraft on them the better = win/win.

PRA- Board of Director - Secretary
PRA- Volunteer Coordinator

PRA31 - V.P. of S.D. Rotorcraft Club
http://www.Pra31.org

U.S. Agent for Aviomania Aircraft
http://www.AviomaniaUSA.com

Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:28 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Exactly. I hope for the sakes of the organization that you and Brent and Tom can make things happen. Don't let the dinosaurs stop you! This really is not a competition. I see it as having choices. The more the better. :)

Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:13 am

Gabor wrote:
Exactly. I hope for the sakes of the organization that you and Brent and Tom can make things happen. Don't let the dinosaurs stop you! This really is not a competition. I see it as having choices. The more the better. :)

My 1st year on the BOD, this year, and my ideas/solutions offering my labor was out voted or not even allowed to be added to the agenda and little changed, same with Greg's.
Only marketing the airport was approved if I did it, great one step forward. Today it's paying off the airport electrical system is being upgraded and we have at least two large Groups (One is Sam's Club) wishing to schedule their conventions here once the electrical is finished. So maybe next year or the following to be added to their schedule. Conventions are scheduled two years in advance so the revenue stream will start slow but it will grow.

The not being added to the agenda problem, I had never experienced on any BOD before and has now been corrected, that's another great change!

I understand why so many BOD members come and go or do not participate once their ideas or offer with labor have been shot down, and then they do not participate as much or quit the PRA and BOD.
However, I'm on other Boards and it about the same there too. The difference I won't shut up or go away because I'm much more used to it than other members who come try and then get discourage, so just patience and persistence is needed. Same with our volunteers in the past... like Jon have offered and the that BOD did not use them.

This year I ask Gabor, Tommy, and Brent to run for PRA BOD members.

Tommy and Brent did and we now have 3 working BOD members working on different projects and helping each other too... we are finally moving forward like never before.

If I can close the deal I'm working on now and this BOD approves it PRA will be restored to where it once was and the biggest complaint solved.
Either way there is and will be more revenue too from renting out our unique airport/ camping/ convention center for the 1st time advertizing/ marketing it so either our dues will go down or we will use it for member benefits like group insurance etc and there will be more advertizing and donation revenue too.
Part of my dream is a fleet of co-owned rental rotorcraft as a member benefit, and a PRA Storefront where members and manufactures can list all things rotorcraft with a revenue stream from a commission, an escrow account that assures delivery of goods before funds are paid to vendors and any PRA member can list there products like real and model rotorcraft, hats, shirts etc.
If your not a PRA members there is a commission charged if you are a PRA members then you receive discounts. One for the commission charged and the vendors discount if they offer PRA members a discount. Many vendors do now.

Guys image the ideas and what we could get done with Gabor helping PRA as a BOD members too?? Let's just replace the dinosaurs with doer and WOW what PRA could be.
Things are about to change in a big way with this BOD, as we got working BOD members and some of the best volunteers like Chris who is so efficient.

With just a little more help PRA could become whatever you wish it to be! Just let me know your ideas I'll get them on the agenda and then help me make then happen with labor and WOW what we could do for our sport!

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:56 am
Profile WWW

Hey John, When it comes to putting on big events where you need lots of volunteer hours there is a proven way to make sure you have full coverage. Some friends of mine have been putting on an annual event for about 10 years (non aviation) and every year have more volunteers than they can use because all volunteers that put in 8 hours (scheduled by a volunteer coordinator) receive a free ticket to the event. This is a 3-day event with many activities scheduled throughout. Each volunteer works in 2 or 3 hour shifts to a cumulative 8 hours worked and can also enjoy most of the event.

Just a thought!!

:gyro2

..... ― Pawan Mishra

Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:43 pm

GordonT wrote:
Hey John, When it comes to putting on big events where you need lots of volunteer hours there is a proven way to make sure you have full coverage. Some friends of mine have been putting on an annual event for about 10 years (non aviation) and every year have more volunteers than they can use because all volunteers that put in 8 hours (scheduled by a volunteer coordinator) receive a free ticket to the event. This is a 3-day event with many activities scheduled throughout. Each volunteer works in 2 or 3 hour shifts to a cumulative 8 hours worked and can also enjoy most of the event.

Just a thought!!

:gyro2

Sadly we haven't had the fund to even offer that. As an example I not only found the volunteers to help me run events but paid for the supplies need for them.
But things are getting better. :die So I will add your suggestion to our agenda in Oct.

Also we invited the boy scouts to help run things and to get them exposed to rotorcraft for the last two years but they were in school. This year they may be out of school as we changed the date to follow AirVEnture.

Thank you!

Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:32 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Hey Gabs, so how many calendars did you end up having to make? Did you have to reprint yet? :bigballs :yoda2 :laughing :laughing

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:54 am
Site Admin

I am producing them as the orders come in. Mailed the first batch out yesterday. Printing labels out and a thank you note signing them by hand to make it personal........
And the orders are keep coming in......
I wish they added postage to the damn thing!!!!!
I hate to be a :Cheapass but the production comes to $ 6.39 and if we pay the $1.89 that comes to $ 8.28 out of 10 bux......... doesn't leave much for the club!!!

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:58 am
Site Admin

What a bunch of :Cheapass members :killme

You should have ripped out a couple of pages for :Cheapass :rofl But that might be a bit :Nazi

Never mind, you charged me that much, that'll cover about 10 others :eek :laughing :laughing :laughing

Just pulling your leg :chainsaw

Go around with your hat out and collect some extra donations from the :Cheapass ones, next time you have a get together.... make them feel really bad and they might give you 5 bux :rofl

Maybe you should put a 'name and shame' on here and publicly humiliate and taunt people until they realise what cheap skates they are and coff up the $? :whip :pop

That ought to work :noidea

Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:18 am

Gabor- I knew you suggested $10 and I guessed it would cost $2 to mail them, so I sent $15 cause I am not a :Cheapass .......ha

Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:50 am
Site Admin

I hate to call them on it. But seriously....it really is common sense....I guess not.
sneak peek

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:06 am

I think some folks just do not think...

IMO better to just post a price that includes a little postage as well as a little for the club... and make it a round number.

Say $10/ea and please add a donation for SW&RC

That way... all your costs are covered.

Nothing kills the volunteer spirit quicker than the perception of :Cheapass folks taking advantage... regardless of whether it is true or not.

Member PeachState Rotorcraft club
Member Sunstate Rotor & Wing Club
Owner/builder of
The Subinator: Single place Dominator/Subaru EA-81
(currently in full restoration)
Soon to offer machine shop services

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:13 am
Site Admin

Dam! Not on single nude woman :cry

Here's some to make up for it :laughing

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:22 am
Site Admin

Guys please let me know when you receive the calendars. Thanks. I am still sorting out the orders.
:Flag :Flag :Flag :Flag

Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:10 am
MadMuz wrote:
Dam! Not on single nude woman :cry

Here's some to make up for it :laughing

I am reposting this as a quote just so that I can hit the 'Thank You' button again!!!

I shucks, I can't thank myself.
But nevertheless THANK YOU!

Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next