It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 8:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Minus 34*C = Minus 29*F = COLD !! 

Had a week of this stuff and getting sick of it.

Makes me wish I was a roofer in Florida working up a sweat on a hot tin roof

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:14 am
Site Admin

Ouch :Can

Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:01 am

Did the snow from last winter ever melt? Brrrrrrrr!

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:45 am

I am actually waiting for our mud to freeze so I can install my facia boards and aluminum soffit around our room addition. It's going to get to negative 2 degrees Fahrenheit in 2 days....that should keep my ladder clean!

Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:47 am
Site Admin

Well it's going to be a bit colder today than it was yesterday....but I'll take it!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:54 am
I woke up sweating this morning, it's already 74.2 and only 9:20 a.m. but I am sure not complaining. going to fire up the harley and go for a ride.

Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:20 am

We are going down in the teens (F) by the middle of the week... cold by our standards.

Thankfully... it rarely gets below much below freezing WITH precipitation (snow).
When it does... well our ares goes nutso...
I use the little Subaru to run calls in the bad weather... usually 'gather' (steal) some customers from guys who cannot drive their big vans in the snow (I will not take mine out... do not want to slam 4+ tons of steel into a little car).

Gabor, If I could, I would come down and help you with the roof.
Picture of man on the side of road with sign that says 'Will work for food' :laughing
Have things I cannot leave up here...
There will be some project I can get away and come help with.

Member PeachState Rotorcraft club
Member Sunstate Rotor & Wing Club
Owner/builder of
The Subinator: Single place Dominator/Subaru EA-81
(currently in full restoration)
Soon to offer machine shop services

Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:39 am
Site Admin

Arnie M. wrote:

What are you complaining about Arnie? :noidea it got up to -27 (once :eek ) :killme :laughing :laughing

It has been over 32 degrees celcius here.... it is still 22 degrees C over night :badluck :head :laughing

http://www.timeanddate.com/weather/aust ... hine-coast

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:34 pm

MadMuz wrote:
Arnie M. wrote:

What are you complaining about Arnie? :noidea it got up to -27 (once :eek ) :killme :laughing :laughing

It has been over 32 degrees celcius here.... it is still 22 degrees C over night :badluck :head :laughing

I remember decades ago, when I lived in Houston TX... WE had a heat wave... one night the AC at home would not keep up... went to a mall to walk around and cool off...
Left the mall when it closed, on the way home it was 95D F (I think that works out to about 33D C)... at 9:30 PM... an hour after sunset.
The days were well over 100D F, and the humidity was 90% or higher...

Just plain miserable.

Owner/builder of

Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:40 pm
Site Admin

Damn global warming :noidea :killme :laughing :laughing

Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:09 pm

MadMuz wrote:
Arnie M. wrote:

What are you complaining about Arnie? :noidea it got up to -27 (once :eek )

It has been over 32 degrees celcius here.... it is still 22 degrees C over night

There was one day just after Christmas it went to to -14*C and everybody was saying how warm it was.

Everyone was out shoveling snow from the sidewalks , walking their dogs , kids outside playing.

Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:21 pm
Site Admin

My friend from Denmark had to be careful walking to school..... it was easy to trip over the power lines :eek :laughing

I'm serious.... the snow would get up to the top of the power poles and they had to turn off the power.... (oil heating) sometimes she would open the door to go out and there was a wall of snow to dig out thru before you went anywhere :noidea :first

Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:28 pm

elwood wrote:
Did the snow from last winter ever melt? Brrrrrrrr!

I think the snow pile finally melted in September (Winnipeg) .... to the East the Great lakes of Ontario - Michigan
had more ice than ever last winter and there were still chunks remaining into August I think

I must confess it did bring me great joy to watch our Liberal global warming fanatics twist in the wind and mostly go silent from embarrassment

It makes them furious that the planet refused to obey their "scientific" computerized "climate model"

Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:04 pm

MadMuz wrote:
My friend from Denmark had to be careful walking to school..... it was easy to trip over the power lines

I'm serious.... the snow would get up to the top of the power poles and they had to turn off the power.... (oil heating) sometimes she would open the door to go out and there was a wall of snow to dig out thru before you went anywhere first

My parents were originally from Denmark , dad came here 1928 , mom around 1945 and they met and married.

And proceeded to have 5 kids who had to walk 1/4 mile to school every day , the snow was so deep we could walk over top the wires on the telephone poles and admire the multi colored glass insulators

The telephone poles were not all that high , maybe 12 feet , and the voltage was likely low but we boys were always too girly-scared to try touch them

We had heard the old-timers say some winters were so cold their spit would freeze before it hit the ground .... we wanted to experiment by pulling out our tiny little pekkers to see if our urine would also freeze in midair.

Trouble is our tiny little boy pekkers got even smaller from the cold .... sometimes shriveled right up and hid inside our pelvis somewhere ..... and we ended up going the rest of the way to school walking with our knees together like little girls

Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:26 pm
Site Admin

Arnie M. wrote:

Trouble is our tiny little boy pekkers got even smaller from the cold .... sometimes shriveled right up and hid inside our pelvis somewhere ..... and we ended up going the rest of the way to school walking with our knees together like little girls

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:29 pm

PICTURES. GABOR WANTS PICTURES !!!!

fj

:gay :bigballs :gay :bigballs

:Cheapass US
Arnie M. wrote:
MadMuz wrote:
My friend from Denmark had to be careful walking to school..... it was easy to trip over the power lines

I'm serious.... the snow would get up to the top of the power poles and they had to turn off the power.... (oil heating) sometimes she would open the door to go out and there was a wall of snow to dig out thru before you went anywhere first

My parents were originally from Denmark , dad came here 1928 , mom around 1945 and they met and married.

And proceeded to have 5 kids who had to walk 1/4 mile to school every day , the snow was so deep we could walk over top the wires on the telephone poles and admire the multi colored glass insulators

The telephone poles were not all that high , maybe 12 feet , and the voltage was likely low but we boys were always too girly-scared to try touch them

We had heard the old-timers say some winters were so cold their spit would freeze before it hit the ground .... we wanted to experiment by pulling out our tiny little pekkers to see if our urine would also freeze in midair.

Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:35 pm

it's soooo cold here, I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets....

Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:00 pm

gyrocfi wrote:

I do not believe that is possible.

Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:51 pm

RayNAiken wrote:
gyrocfi wrote:

I do not believe that is possible.

Yeah... that would be cold enough in Wash DC... to cool the hot air in the capital... :laughing :laughing :laughing

Owner/builder of

Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:24 pm

You know it is cold when Canadians give extreme cold warnings :)

Cold spell continues ... tonight -45*C wind chill which is equivalent to -49*F

Roads have been closed because of white-out conditions but I managed to get to town for groceries .... last time I ventured out was Jan 2nd and I was running out of STEAKS !!!!

Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next