It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Behemoth for sale 
Site Admin

Greg Spicola wrote:
:realcrazy doesn't sound prudent to me.
Just saying. Too much work and time went into it ,fly and enjoy it for a while any amount of money you get for it will not be worth it.
My 2 cents

The thing is Greg, Gabs got the enjoyment of building it into what you see today and that counts for a lot. Gabs didn't buy it to make money from it.... after his bingle he rebuilt it to a much better machine than it was and now he wants to build the tractor.... as Gabs said, the building is his fascination and enjoyment.... he can still go with Lofty in annoying orange or the Bell 47 and prolly other machines whilst he concentrates on the tractor.....

I am happy that Gabs is happy.... that is all I care about :like I am looking forward to seeing the tractor come together.... it is going to be fantastic.... and Gabs really can't procede with the tractor as fast as he wants to, if he has the Behemoth as well..... I just hope the Behemoth goes to someone we know, so we can watch the new owner enjoy it :koolaid :lick :laughing :pop

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:58 am

MadMuz wrote:
Greg Spicola wrote:
:realcrazy doesn
I am happy that Gabs is happy.... that is all I care about :like I am looking forward to seeing the tractor come together.... it is going to be fantastic.... and Gabs really can't procede with the tractor as fast as he wants to, if he has the Behemoth as well..... I just hope the Behemoth goes to someone we know, so we can watch the new owner enjoy it :koolaid :lick :laughing :pop

All that time He could be flying Behemoth, instead trade it in for sweating your balls off in the heat making parts 2 or 3 times over... LOL!

He needs his big old Hungarian ass kicked..
:punch

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:06 am
Site Admin

Very well put my friend. It has been in the back of my mind for a while now. It is not easy to give up my second born child. But the realization hit me and it hit me hard.
I got the guy who we all look up to test flown it then I did get to crash it LOL than make it much much better.
Greg has flown it since rebuilding and was happy with the machine.
If I start flying the damn thing and get attached to it I will never be able to sell....I know it!
Sooooo this is how I have to trick myself into selling it.
I have to get busy with my tractor. And yes the meantime I can always get my fix.
Got lots of friends with great machines. There is one particular that does a wheelie so well! :rofl :boink

Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:10 am
Site Admin

elwood wrote:
All that time He could be flying Behemoth, instead trade it in for sweating your balls off in the heat making parts 2 or 3 times over... LOL!

He needs his big old Hungarian ass kicked..
:punch

True, but the Behemoth is fresh now.... beautifully rebuilt, sparkles like new.... it is worth a lot and very saleable now..... if he put 60 hours on it in the next year or so, as well as slowing down progress on the tractor, the Behemoth wont be worth as much, because it would not be a fresh rebuild..... and, he just has to bribe Lofty with beer and he can go flying with him :like :laughing :laughing

You know as well as I do.... Gabs is happy to make or remake a part as many times as it takes to get it perfect... he doesn't care, as long as in the end, it is how he wanted it..... that will never change, and that is part of his enjoyment :like

I bet if someone wanted to 'kick his big old Hungarian ass' they would have to get past the Queen to do it.... and I bet she would scream things in Hungarian and drill holes in them with her eyes...... that would scurrr the poop put of most guys and they would run for their lives.... I wouldn't dare anyone to try kicking his ass :eek :laughing :laughing :Wolvie

Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:28 am
Site Admin

Nah....she'd let anyone try it.....she'd sit back and enjoy.....she knows the outcome :punch

Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:36 am

I can attest to the superb flying characteristics of this machine.

Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:09 pm
Site Admin

Thank you Sir. I actually built it for you.... LOL.

Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:18 pm
Site Admin

There you go., it is worth more now..... it has been tested by 'the master' :koolaid :lick :laughing :laughing :pop

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:55 pm

I'll be.....didn't think Yoda would care to fly.....being he is more into boats now.

Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:07 pm

Gabor- I totally understand you deciding to sell the Behemoth.

I saw it in person and it is nicely built.....has a beefy off roading look to it.....and we did the double hangtest on it at Bensen Days and it was dead on CLT .

It will be fun watching the tractor come to life.

Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:16 pm
Site Admin

Thank you Stan! Yes it was great to run the hang test.
Twice :) hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I am glad it came out the way I thought it would.
I have a very promising start on my tractor.
All the pre fab testings are so far very positive.
If the Behemoth is any indication of what the future brings maybe the tractor doesn't have to be crashed before getting it right!!!! Bwahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
:wol

Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:40 pm
Site Admin

http://www.barnstormers.com/classified_ ... plane.html

Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:41 pm

Gabor my brother!! I understand exactly what you have achieved and what you want to achieve. I have been thinking about doing the same thing to achieve my second goal. I may have to put mine up for sale now. My first goal has been achieved, same as yours. For the second goal, I need a pile of money I don't have.... Good luck and look forward to seeing your tractors progress

Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:20 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Thank you my brother. I know how much it takes to develop something opposed to just build one that had been developed by someone.
But at the same time the "second goal" is usually the big one!!!
I wish you luck with yours as I know how much you have worked and sacrificed achieving the first one!
If I can help in any way just let know OK?
I am in!!!!
:wol

Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:29 pm
Site Admin

Stan look what I found!!!!

Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:59 pm

Gabor- It's not coming up on my cell phone. What did you find?)

Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:07 pm
Site Admin

The hang test you conducted! Tim Chick has it on Youtube :)

Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:09 pm
Greg Spicola wrote:
I can attest to the superb flying characteristics of this machine.
But how does it land? :boink :boink

Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:32 pm
Site Admin

See it for yourself. Looks good to me.

Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:58 pm
Site Admin

That's great seeing how you guys do it.... here, we hang it by the rotorhead teeter bolt with the control stick locked or held in middle/neutral position with the pilot in and full fuel with a string line/plumb bob from the head to get the line and take a photo from side on..... the keel or horizontal reference of the machine should be down at the front between 9 and 12 degrees..... then, we do the same again with zero fuel and photograph that as well..... once the pic is printed on A4 paper, we draw on the horizontal line, the vertical line can be seen from the image is drawn on for full fuel and zero fuel..... then for the tilt back test, the rotors go on and it is pushed back to balance point and this is photographed as well, with full fuel and zero fuel..... then all of the lines are transferred onto the pic which shows the CofG and thrust line... a copy goes to ASRA and one for the log book.....

I was surprised to see you guys hang the machine not by the head? Interesting :noidea :pop :yoda2 :Wolvie

Asra will only accept photos done this way.... I am not saying anything negative about your method, simply pointing out how we have to do it, for your interest :like :Wolvie

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next